Chicago Hobbit League

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

Chicago Hobbit League

Postby Bolg_Was_Epic » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:56 pm

Its taken a long time, but Ive finally gotten a league started. Ill keep it short.

We have nine members and I have now run 2 tournaments in as many months. Our next should be some time on the weekend in the second or third week of September.

No entry fees. PM me on the event for details.

We currently have 9 members already and are slowly working our way towards getting a venue for a large event at the end of next year.

All are welcome and I run these events at Games Plus in Mt. Prospect.
ADEPTICON Hobbit players. I'd love your support. I with others are working on a Hobbit League that has no mandatory attendance and no fees. We have goals to keep this hobby functioning in the future and are currently working on monthly tournaments.
Bolg_Was_Epic

Re: Chicago Hobbit League

Postby rangefinder » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:14 am

Great group to throw down with.
Our Tournament Scene is happening here!!!
rangefinder

Postby prion2001 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:09 pm

Any more details on the date and time for an event at Games Plus?

Jamie
"It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing." Boromir
Check out my painting blog at http://www.fivearmies.blogspot.com
Shop Gorgon Studios. http://www.gorgon-studios.com
prion2001

Postby rangefinder » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:17 pm

They are throwing down 10am on 20-Sep at G+.
Bolg-was-great or whatever Matt's screen name is running it.
I will not be in attendance.

email him here cwickereh2010@hotmail.com for detail.
rangefinder

Postby Bolg_Was_Epic » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:39 pm

Actually my better email is:

eugenesledge312@outlook.com

The details are the same as I sent, Prion. For Im working on evening out numbers for the tournament and trying to get replies. Obviously its hard for people to give their full attention to this.

As for now this event is 100% on and I will probably send another email out in the next day or few to hash full details out. The faster people reply the better.

Furthermore, great news will be announced at this tournament for the future of the Hobbit in Chicagoland with support from the D.C. Hobbit League and others involved here. Things are moving forward and we have goals situated. I will try to talk as little as possible but I have a good amount of information to talk about.

I just got back from the Nova grand open where lord of the rings/ the hobbit has events including Mordors Arena, Chaos in Arda, Middle Earths Deadliest Heroes, Doubles Tournament, and the Grand Singles Tournament. I will go over it and explain my role, and what Ive learned. They had 4 full days of Hobbit only events and I believe over 55 people or so from Chicago, Colorado, Washington D.C. and the surrounding areas, Ontario Canada, and several locations around the United Kingdom. It was a great success and we will move forward from here gentlemen.
ADEPTICON Hobbit players. I'd love your support. I with others are working on a Hobbit League that has no mandatory attendance and no fees. We have goals to keep this hobby functioning in the future and are currently working on monthly tournaments.
Bolg_Was_Epic

Return to Lord of the Rings News