Rules question repost for TO opinion

AdeptiCon 2016 will be held March 31st - April 3rd, 2016 at the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention enter. Visit the AdeptiCon website (http://www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

Rules question repost for TO opinion

Postby tg787 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:08 pm

1. Does a obj secure unit confer it to a transport its in? Asked another way does a obj. secured unit in a transport score an objective against a non obj. secure unit without exiting the vehicle?

More clearly. What if the obj secure unit is riding in a non dedicated transport? It doesn't say anywhere in the book that I can find that you have to be outside a transport to claim an objective.

2.Are forge world characters legal for Adepticon even though they haven't been updated for seventh? If so what version of the special rules are used? The ones listed with them or the ones from the brb?
tg787

Re: Rules question repost for TO opinion

Postby tg787 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:00 pm

Disregard number 2 I found the answer I was looking for in the faq.
tg787

Postby 00Enron » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:55 pm

When riding in a non Obj sec. transport you are not on the table to be objective secured
Adepticon 2008-Best Appearance
G.R.A.M.P.A member
00Enron

Postby hillshire » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:42 am

00Enron wrote:When riding in a non Obj sec. transport you are not on the table to be objective secured

I'm not following this. Your unit is on the table inside the transport and can therefor secure an objective. They are not in Reserves. Whether or not the transport is objective secured is irrelevant. Please cite the actual rule proving your theory.

Think of it this way. In the rules it states that a unit within a building can hold an objective. No where does it state that Objective Secured units have to get out to take advantage of the Objective Secured USR. Nor does it state that units inside a vehicle must exit in order to activate Objective Secured.

The exception, as stated in the rules, for a unit inside a vehicle is that if the vehicle is Zooming, it cannot hold an objective. Which, again, has nothing to do with Objective Secured.

Furthermore, a quick check of the GW FAQs and Adepticon FAQs reveals nothing limiting Objective Secured other than applying to Conjured units.
hillshire

Return to AdeptiCon 2016