40k Questions

AdeptiCon 2016 will be held March 31st - April 3rd, 2016 at the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention enter. Visit the AdeptiCon website (http://www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

Re: 40k Questions

Postby seahawk » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:12 pm

Peachy keen, thanks for the explanation and clarification!

Maybe a note on the list, for people such as myself who notice this? There's room in the box for it.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby Bigdoza » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:53 am

Hi-

I am wondering about maelstrom objective 44: Warlord must be wholly within 6" of center.

Can this be achieved by a Flying monstrous creature who is your warlord and is also in swooping mode?

Or do they need to land on the ground?

Thanks
Bigdoza

Postby Rhysk » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:45 pm

We didn't specify scoring or that the center was considered an objective so yup he can achieve that one in Swoop mode.
Rhysk

Postby Cptn_Snuggles » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:21 pm

For the allowed forgeworld units I didn't see ordinance batteries from the guard list like griffon or medusa. Are they allowed?

Thanks,
BC
Cptn_Snuggles

Postby yakface » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 am

Cptn_Snuggles wrote:For the allowed forgeworld units I didn't see ordinance batteries from the guard list like griffon or medusa. Are they allowed?

Thanks,
BC

Whoops, total oversight that has now been rectified on the IA unit index. Basically the Ordnance Battery was removed from the list because all those units had rules in the last codex, and I totally forgot to add it back in now that they're gone from the new AM codex.

So yeah, that is allowed, but just not the Basilisk (as it has rules in the codex).
yakface

Postby Requizen » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:46 pm

Hello,

The Championship rules state that each Formation is considered 0-1 Unique. For the new Necron Decurion detachment, how does that work for Auxiliary detachments? It would seem to me that any (sub)Formation could only be brought once, but what about Flayed Ones and Deathmarks? Since they're just units, could I bring multiple?

For example, a list of:

Reclamation Legion
Royal Court
Destroyer Cult
Flayed Ones
Flayed Ones
Deathmarks
Deathmarks

Would seem legal to me, but:

Reclamation Legion
Canoptek Harvest
Canoptek Harvest
Judicator Battalion
Judicator Battalion

Would be illegal, correct?
Requizen

Postby Rhysk » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:51 pm

Requizen wrote:Hello,

The Championship rules state that each Formation is considered 0-1 Unique. For the new Necron Decurion detachment, how does that work for Auxiliary detachments? It would seem to me that any (sub)Formation could only be brought once, but what about Flayed Ones and Deathmarks? Since they're just units, could I bring multiple?

For example, a list of:

Reclamation Legion
Royal Court
Destroyer Cult
Flayed Ones
Flayed Ones
Deathmarks
Deathmarks

Would seem legal to me, but:

Reclamation Legion
Canoptek Harvest
Canoptek Harvest
Judicator Battalion
Judicator Battalion

Would be illegal, correct?

Both of your examples are illegal. In the Decurion Detachment flayed ones are a formation so you are limited to one unit. In order to include multiple units of flayed ones they would need to be included as part of a CAD.

Regards,

Chris
Last edited by Rhysk on Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rhysk

Postby Requizen » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:58 pm

Good to know, thanks.
Requizen

Previous

Return to AdeptiCon 2016