March to Mount Doom Adepticon 2015(Whos In??)

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

March to Mount Doom Adepticon 2015(Whos In??)

Postby Bolg_Was_Epic » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:13 pm

So what Im hearing is the registration has started, and its a 750 pt 20 model limit!?

Crazy. I had totally planned a different army and now I fear I will have to change my plans completely.

Its a great idea though!

Has anyone else seen this on the Adepticon website, because I saw the army size and model limit on a Hobbit website source, not from Adepticon.

Also, whos going?
Last edited by Bolg_Was_Epic on Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ADEPTICON Hobbit players. I'd love your support. I with others are working on a Hobbit League that has no mandatory attendance and no fees. We have goals to keep this hobby functioning in the future and are currently working on monthly tournaments.
Bolg_Was_Epic

Re: March to Mount Doom Adepticon 2015

Postby prion2001 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:51 pm

Yep. It's intended to be a format for more of the big point heroes and monsters as opposed to the traditional tournament with a more rounded force. Something a little different to ease the burnout of the generic tournament format we usually see.

Registration starts tonight at 8pm CT. I'm planning on registering for this event. I have a Dragon that doesn't get to see much gaming time. :twisted:

Jamie
"It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing." Boromir
Check out my painting blog at http://www.fivearmies.blogspot.com
Shop Gorgon Studios. http://www.gorgon-studios.com
prion2001

Postby Bolg_Was_Epic » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:02 pm

OMG ok I dont wanna play you then. Lmao.

Thats crazy. My only upset about it is that its so late, and the same day as the Bolt Action singles. Idk if my brain can handle a 16 hour day of gaming. Im definitely going to this though.

And yup, this is perfect for a Dragon. Man......theres already so many army ideas running through my head.

Unfortunately, I was planning on taking Hunter Orcs. Now, that dream and all of those purchases are dashed. Oh well.....another day. This seems fun though.

Is it still three games? Seems a bit tight even with 20 model limits to fit in 3 games with breaks in only 5 hours.
ADEPTICON Hobbit players. I'd love your support. I with others are working on a Hobbit League that has no mandatory attendance and no fees. We have goals to keep this hobby functioning in the future and are currently working on monthly tournaments.
Bolg_Was_Epic

Postby BrentS » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:43 pm

Registration is open. I'm running this event. Its been done a few times throughout the years (in Phoenix, at Games Day and at Adepticon).

Games go fast - 1 hour rounds (it doesn't take long to push 20 models around the table).

It's generally been a very fun event. I see three slots are taken.

My plan is to have 2 rounds of pool play to "seed" players and then the Elite 8 will play a bracket tournament to see who wins. So you will get between 2 and 5 games depending on how you do and how many players register. At least half the players will get 3 games for sure.
BrentS

Postby Bolg_Was_Epic » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:20 pm

Well wow. I hope I make it to that half. Ive already been racking my brain with these army types. Gonna be interesting.

Youre running it Brent, and are you playing as well?
Bolg_Was_Epic

Postby BrentS » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:34 pm

Bolg_Was_Epic wrote:Youre running it Brent, and are you playing as well?

Only if we need a ringer for the pool play.
BrentS

Postby Bolg_Was_Epic » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:21 am

Got ya. Well thanks for setting it all up! BTW is there a link to a page tracking whos signed up, other than the *spots left available slot on the page?
Bolg_Was_Epic

Postby BrentS » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:14 am

Bolg_Was_Epic wrote:Got ya. Well thanks for setting it all up! BTW is there a link to a page tracking whos signed up, other than the *spots left available slot on the page?

No not typically... Of course that doesn't stop someone from creating an informal one here.
BrentS

Postby Bolg_Was_Epic » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:13 pm

Well Im in guys. Anyone else? Im sure Ill see a few familiar faces and Im trying to get other new guys too.
Bolg_Was_Epic

Re: March to Mount Doom Adepticon 2015(Whos In??)

Postby BrentS » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:00 pm

Seven spots were taken in the first day. I'd say the next 9 will be a slow grind.
BrentS

Postby prion2001 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:18 pm

Players attending: (I will update this as people post here).

1. Prion2001 (Jamie)
2. Bolg_was_epic (Matt)
"It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing." Boromir
Check out my painting blog at http://www.fivearmies.blogspot.com
Shop Gorgon Studios. http://www.gorgon-studios.com
prion2001

Postby Bolg_Was_Epic » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:15 am

I'm trying to get 4 to come right now. None look positive so far. Not negative either but still not guaranteed.
Bolg_Was_Epic

Postby BrentS » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:22 am

7 tickets were sold already. So there are a few out there.
BrentS

Postby Smeagol » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:59 pm

There are not enough events of interest to me to justify the expense this year. Even with one of my favorite sculptors in attendance.
Smeagol

Postby Bolg_Was_Epic » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:17 pm

Sorry not sure of your account name here. Were you at the last tournament?
Bolg_Was_Epic

Next

Return to Lord of the Rings News