Grey Knights

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

Grey Knights

Postby CmdrVimes » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:28 am

A couple of questions came to mind after reading the GK Codex. First, in this addition, does hammerhand stack on to weapons or only count for bare handed fighting? It never made sense to me in the last edition that if you used hammerhand you could not get the benefit of your force weapons. Second, now that psilencers have the force rule, when force is activated are they still ap - or do they get the ap 3 of "unusual" force weapons? Wondering what people think.
Len C.
CmdrVimes

Re: Grey Knights

Postby Hero Jones » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:12 pm

From what I think, you add +2 to the base users' strength. So then you and on strength from weapons afterward.

now that psilencers have the force rule, when force is activated are they still ap - or do they get the ap 3 of "unusual" force weapons?

Where are you seeing that they get AP 3? I've looked at the Force special rule and the Psilencer rules, and I am not seeing anything that would give you an AP 3. What page is this "unusual" force weapon rule?

HJ
Hero Jones

Postby CmdrVimes » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:11 pm

On p178 under unusual force weapons. The problem is that there is no section on ranged force weapon like there is for mêlée weapons. I guess that force would only add instant death as on p23.
Len C.
CmdrVimes

Postby Hero Jones » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:57 pm

Well, under those rules it specifically states "unique close combat rules". So I would say that the Psilencer only has the Instant Death.

HJ
Hero Jones

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)