Painting/materials Bolt Action

All things Bolt Action!

Painting/materials Bolt Action

Postby Bolg_Was_Epic » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:25 pm

Hey guys. Im putting together an army....ive finally decide to give up, sign up for the tourney, and build some troops.

So, im obviously buying the Warlord Games Starter set for my army. I have a few questions for you guys.....

do you actually use their paint sets as well?
If not, what is the best paint to use for these minis?
Do you guys generally paint the same way you do for the LOTR minis those of you that do in terms of approach?

And for basing, or other interesting touches to your armies, do you have anything specific or is it just kinda raid the hobby store and pick what you like?
ADEPTICON Hobbit players. I'd love your support. I with others are working on a Hobbit League that has no mandatory attendance and no fees. We have goals to keep this hobby functioning in the future and are currently working on monthly tournaments.
Bolg_Was_Epic

Re: Painting/materials Bolt Action

Postby Lordgoober » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:41 am

I use Vallejo paints for my WW2 stuff (both Flames of War and Bolt Action). One thing that's nice is that the Flames of War website has a bunch of paint guides for their figures that will work just fine for color selection for 28mm scale.

Which army are you planning on doing? I can give you the paint numbers you'll want
Lordgoober

Postby Bolg_Was_Epic » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:37 am

U.S. Marines in the Pacific, naturally.
ADEPTICON Hobbit players. I'd love your support. I with others are working on a Hobbit League that has no mandatory attendance and no fees. We have goals to keep this hobby functioning in the future and are currently working on monthly tournaments.
Bolg_Was_Epic

Postby BostonNazgul » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:40 am

basing is all personal preference but i generally stick to my usual style. Maybe adding in bricks or sandbags. warlord/vallejo has good sets to give you an idea but I found you dont actually need or end up using 1-2 of the paints included. just depends on if you really think using the german ochre camo #2 is going to matter when you are painting boot straps, or just use your regular brown paint.
BostonNazgul

Postby Bolg_Was_Epic » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:14 pm

Got ya. Thanks man. Ill probably start looking the day I buy my starter.
Bolg_Was_Epic

Return to Bolt Action General Discussion