Necron CCB

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

Necron CCB

Postby Incognito » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:06 pm

Curious what your guys thoughts were on Necrons Catacomb Command Barge with Overlord w/ 3++. Does the chariot benefit from the invul also? Thanks.
Incognito

Re: Necron CCB

Postby JPA » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:14 pm

No but on incoming shooting (and when you charge) you choose who takes the hit (the chariot or the rider).
JPA

Postby Incognito » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:00 am

K thats how I read it but JY2 is running it as he does get it so I wondered if I had missed something.
Incognito

Postby JPA » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:56 pm

I believe (from the last battle report of his) that I read he is was either jinking or taking the 3++ on the rider.
JPA

Postby seahawk » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:59 am

Jink gives a 4+ cover save; unless it's Night Fight (for Stealth) or he's getting a 3+ cover save from another source, there's no way a Catacomb Command Barge is getting a 3+ cover save, and the Overlord's Weave most certainly cannot be used by the barge, because the shot isn't being resolved against him.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:55 pm

I thought that any shooting attack made against a Chariot can be allocated by the chariots owner to the rider or the armored vehicle. In this way the owner of the chariot can send heavy Bolter shots into the armor 13 chariot and meltagun shots into the 3++ of the Overlord.

In assault the attacking player can choose who he is attacking, the vehicle or the rider. In shooting the chariot owner decides were the shot hits.

So yes a CCB can take either a 3++ from the rider or the 4+ jink (Zahndrekh can make it a 3+) on each incoming shot as directed by the owner of the chariot.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby seahawk » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:00 am

I thought that any shooting attack made against a Chariot can be allocated by the chariots owner to the rider or the armored vehicle.
Correct, but it's still true that the Chariot itself does not have a 3+ invulnerable save; the Overlord does. ;)
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:29 am

seahawk wrote:
I thought that any shooting attack made against a Chariot can be allocated by the chariots owner to the rider or the armored vehicle.
Correct, but it's still true that the Chariot itself does not have a 3+ invulnerable save; the Overlord does. ;)

In my best Ed McMahan voice. "You are correct sir!"
Generalissimo_Fred

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)