What to arm 3rd Knight?

Do you know the best way to beat that unbeatable 40k army? Well post it here and share the knowledge.

What to arm 3rd Knight?

Postby Cptn_Snuggles » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:45 pm

Guys,

I'm really wanting to paint up my 3rd imperial knight. Basically to run as a primary formation, but mostly because I just want to have 3 painted. Any thoughts on whether to go the battle cannon or melta route? I have one of each so far. I'm really torn, the melta gives such a better opportunity to kill off armor, but the two shots and range of the battle cannon comes in handy.

Thoughts? I really don't want to magnetize so it'll need to be one or the other.

Thanks,
BC
Cptn_Snuggles

Re: What to arm 3rd Knight?

Postby Chubs » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:23 pm

Battle cannon. Horde is one area the knights fall short in. Let your D do the work in combat

Unless you want to run that knight in the WD.... Just saying, he looks boss.
The handsome face of 2T1C
Chubs

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:39 pm

I agree with Chubs. 2 shot battle cannon is the way to go.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby Lord Krungharr » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:37 pm

The melta cannon looks cooler I think, but the 2-shot battle cannon will overall kill more stuff. Knights can move 12" so you'll be able to get to vehicles to D-whack them fast enough. And their Hammer of Wrath attack is Str 10 too, those have killed so many of my models, just the Hammer of Wraths!
Lord Krungharr

Postby Cptn_Snuggles » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:01 am

Thanks much guys, going to get the third one rolling. Almost done painting the second!

Cheers,
BC
Cptn_Snuggles

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:00 pm

I played against Swansons 3 Knight army twice with my Iron Warriors. The first time I was seized on and his battle cannon Knight shredded me as I was out of position. The second time we played I didn't get seized on and it was a close battle up until the end. That time I protected my vulnerable units better, but even though I blew up 2 of the knights, each time I did the resulting explosion would wipe out my own units that blew up the Knight. Greg said they tend to kill more when they die which turned out to be correct.
Generalissimo_Fred

Return to Tactics (40K)