Fear! Fire! Foes! Awake! (July Gaming)

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

Fear! Fire! Foes! Awake! (July Gaming)

Postby JLeong » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:39 pm

I earnestly hope you all continue to check in here at AWC. I have, but our dear forum has been dead for far too long!

I'm still in South Bend this summer, but I plan to be back most weekends in July. I was wondering if anyone wanted to get together to play a couple games one Saturday in July.

The best store for me is Palatine. Libertyville is next, followed by Downers Grove.

I am game to go to any of these stores. Still awaiting to hear when Drew will be in town, but chances are we will both be in to play. Advanced scheduling is required these days, I'm afraid haha.

Time to shake awake, gents-- let's play some games! My poor Mirkwood Army hasn't seen combat yet, and that's just a shame :lol:

-Josh
JLeong

Re: Fear! Fire! Foes! Awake! (July Gaming)

Postby jlong05 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:14 am

JLeong wrote:I earnestly hope you all continue to check in here at AWC. I have, but our dear forum has been dead for far too long!

I'm still in South Bend this summer, but I plan to be back most weekends in July. I was wondering if anyone wanted to get together to play a couple games one Saturday in July.

The best store for me is Palatine. Libertyville is next, followed by Downers Grove.

I am game to go to any of these stores. Still awaiting to hear when Drew will be in town, but chances are we will both be in to play. Advanced scheduling is required these days, I'm afraid haha.

Time to shake awake, gents-- let's play some games! My poor Mirkwood Army hasn't seen combat yet, and that's just a shame :lol:

-Josh

I would think by now those elves would be to drunk away on their wine to be much of a fight. You all should take advantage of that situation.
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05

Postby rangefinder » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:25 pm

The GW at Deer Grove in Palatine, right?
I know where that store is. I do not live too far from there.
My local shop is Games Plus in Mt. Prospect.

My handle is the same over on http://www.one-ring.co.uk/
You can P/M me here or there...

I have Fallen Realms and Kingdoms of Men forces.
I have a bunch painted up, many many more that are not.

Rangefinder (Lee)
rangefinder

Postby Bolg_Was_Epic » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:40 am

JLeong wrote:I earnestly hope you all continue to check in here at AWC. I have, but our dear forum has been dead for far too long!

-Josh

Sounds great to me man. Im down. Downers Grove is the ONLY location of those I can make it to actually for distance, but Im totally happy to play against you. If you wanna pm me, you can get my cell # and we can figure something out in a few weeks after the holiday.
ADEPTICON Hobbit players. I'd love your support. I with others are working on a Hobbit League that has no mandatory attendance and no fees. We have goals to keep this hobby functioning in the future and are currently working on monthly tournaments.
Bolg_Was_Epic

Postby JLeong » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:03 pm

Excellent, guys! I will be doing some planning over this upcoming weekend, and perhaps we can get all of us at one location!
A True Blue AWC gathering hasn't happened outside of a tournament in quite some time!
JLeong

Postby Bolg_Was_Epic » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:38 pm

JLeong wrote:Excellent, guys! I will be doing some planning over this upcoming weekend, and perhaps we can get all of us at one location!
A True Blue AWC gathering hasn't happened outside of a tournament in quite some time!

Because of the One Ring Hobbit website, I was able to pull 5 people together for a tournament in Orland Park. It can happen.....people just assume it wont so they dont try. Depending on the date, I may be able to get another 1-3 guys to come play with us man.
ADEPTICON Hobbit players. I'd love your support. I with others are working on a Hobbit League that has no mandatory attendance and no fees. We have goals to keep this hobby functioning in the future and are currently working on monthly tournaments.
Bolg_Was_Epic

Postby prion2001 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:46 pm

Hey Josh,

Bolg-is-Epic plays at the local GW I frequent in Orland Park. Any chance of you coming by that area for a game? It's 10 minutes from my house.

Also, the manager of that store offered the store for an event if we wanted. Sadly, only two 4x6 tables so if we did 4x3 playing areas we could have 8 players at least. Not the room of the Bunker but unfortunately, space is limited for large groups these days, at least near me.

Jamie

P.S. Josh, PM me and we can try and touch base if you are coming into town.
"It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing." Boromir
Check out my painting blog at http://www.fivearmies.blogspot.com
Shop Gorgon Studios. http://www.gorgon-studios.com
prion2001

Postby Bolg_Was_Epic » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:21 pm

Jamie, I just played with a few others today. At someones house actually, but they were a few of the guys I got to create our one and only Hobbit tournament there in Orland.

The tables do suck, but Andrew the store manager is willing to host a Hobbit event as long as we do it ahead of time. If we use the tables, split them in half, and get 8 people to show, I think hed be willing to let us do that. Just need A LOT of notice. Ill talk to him this week.

If you, myself, and Josh I guess come, plus MemphisMitch, I can get my two guys to come more than likely. Possibly Jeremy from Adepticon if hes interested out there. Then just one more. I have a feeling I can get him to reserve us the store for one day if we can actually show up with 8 people. The problem is the timing. At the very least, we can use one table and have another 4 man tourney.

Im down for whatever. I just long for competitive gaming again. Its fun to play every week, but I enjoy the added pressure of a tournament.

Anyway, text me dude. You have my number. Im not gonna be available Wednsday (World Cup) but maybe this weekend.
Bolg_Was_Epic

Postby JLeong » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:38 pm

Do we want to try for August 2nd or August 9th, then? That is a decent way away, so we ought to be able to have players on notice. The final day of my 1L job is August 1st, so I can be back for the 2nd onward until the 14th, when classes begin again.

Perhaps we can have 2 stores going if we have enough people-- one north and one south. It will be a good opportunity to promote Adepticon and help invigorate interest in LotR ahead of the final film release.

I am very pleased to see some of us are able to play!
JLeong

Postby prion2001 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:29 pm

Where would you want to play at? I might be able to make August 2nd for a few hours at the Orland store by me.

There has been some interest in a tournament from a number of new players. I will be looking to organize something in later August or early September at the Orland GW. I'm also going to look into other possible venues in case we need more space.

Jamie

JLeong wrote:Do we want to try for August 2nd or August 9th, then? That is a decent way away, so we ought to be able to have players on notice. The final day of my 1L job is August 1st, so I can be back for the 2nd onward until the 14th, when classes begin again.

Perhaps we can have 2 stores going if we have enough people-- one north and one south. It will be a good opportunity to promote Adepticon and help invigorate interest in LotR ahead of the final film release.

I am very pleased to see some of us are able to play!
"It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing." Boromir
Check out my painting blog at http://www.fivearmies.blogspot.com
Shop Gorgon Studios. http://www.gorgon-studios.com
prion2001

Postby Bolg_Was_Epic » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:02 pm

Ill check the schedule at the store. Often on Saturdays there are Warhammer tournaments.

Jamie.....btw....from tomorrow on im free for a game any time. More than likely though, we have to be there by just before 12 when it opens to secure a table. Its first come first serve and if your partys not there someone else gets the table.

Im down for either of those dates, and may be able to get others there too. It depends.

Im constantly trying to organize tournaments. Ill talk to the 4 guys I know who you guys either dont know or play with much, and Ill let you guys know in this thread what might work. Ill actually call GW right not and inquire about dates and a possible tournament. Im going to post in here immediately after.
Bolg_Was_Epic

Postby Bolg_Was_Epic » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:11 pm

Ok. Im making a seperate thread for a tournament, but if you guys just wanna play, the 2nd and 9th are opening gaming. We'd just need to reserve a table and above all be on time.
Bolg_Was_Epic

Return to Lord of the Rings News