super heavy speeds?

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

super heavy speeds?

Postby Cptn_Snuggles » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:35 pm

Trying to learn my super heavies. They used to be able to only go combat speed and shoot all weapons. I'm not seeing that rule anymore. Where is that? Can they now go cruising speed?

Thanks,
BC
Cptn_Snuggles

Re: super heavy speeds?

Postby Cptn_Snuggles » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:41 pm

Reason I ask is they aren't classified as heavy, they're invincible behemoths. So does that mean they can go 12" (cruising speed) and fire all weapons?
Cptn_Snuggles

Postby Cptn_Snuggles » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:32 am

anyone, anyone?

Bueller, Bueller?
Cptn_Snuggles

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:58 pm

I bet you need to check the individual entry of each super heavy vehicle. The BrB explains the basic rules for super heavies and the actual model entry should add/clarify their rules. That being said the super heavy always fires all it's weapons, even ordinance, when it moves and can fire them at all different targets.

How far it can move? The super heavy entry does not say it has the heavy special rule which would limit its movement speed to 6". Some people might argue the word heavy is in its title and should follow the heavy rule, but it's already except from that rule in shooting.

I guess a super heavy vehicle can move just like any other vehicle. Up to 12" a turn, but since it's a super heavy it can always fire all it's guns to full effect. So 12" movement and fire away.

I don't see any of the old rules about limited pivoting either.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby Cptn_Snuggles » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:16 pm

Fred, I think you're spot on. Just mixing up rules from previous editions. Looks like they can go cruising speed and count as stationary for shooting.

Thanks,
BC
Cptn_Snuggles

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)