Knight Titan Finished

Questions & Tips on painting, converting, and photographing models. This is also a great place to show off your latest work.

Knight Titan Finished

Postby Cptn_Snuggles » Mon May 19, 2014 1:02 pm

Got my first Knight Titan finished! What a fun model. Lots of areas I was able to completely load up on heraldry. I decided to go with house Hawkshroud. They are all about noble houses that pledge themselves to causes.

In the fluff it talked to extended campaigns where they're assigned. I figure this could be the tie into my Knights Angelus color scheme (and dark angels icons). So I redid their normal yellow colors in a similar scheme as my imperial force.

One thing I changed up a bit from the normal knight heraldry was the placement of the divisions on shoulder pads. I have the campaign/house stuff on the right side and the personal heraldry of the knight on the left. It appears that in the books they go front/back vs. left/right. I like mine better, but it means that I'll have a hard time using the imperial knight transfers since they're set up for the GW method.

I had a blast going with multiple decals. It looks like heraldry overload, but I wanted that Bretonian look. I spent extra time with Micro Sol and Micro Set to get the decals smooth. In addition I worked up ard coat below and above the decal. Then put a coat of matte coat over the top. Anything red/white/black was a satin finish. Golds were done in gloss ard coat.

The base was a dragon forge design with my etching of the dark angels symbol. I added in some grass and fake leafs.

I really, really enjoyed this kit. It took me awhile as I figured out the best method to paint it up. Painting multiples will be a bit daunting but I'm going to jump right in. I may go back and clean up or extra detail certain parts, but for now it seems to work.

Cheers,
BC
Last edited by Cptn_Snuggles on Mon May 19, 2014 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cptn_Snuggles

Re: Knight Titan Finished

Postby tulkasulmar » Mon May 19, 2014 1:06 pm

Nicely Done.

How many are you planning on putting together?
(2014)
Painted:
255 bases/trays
10 Demons
74 Astra Militarum/Militarum Tempestus
68 Grey Knights/Inquisition
15 Adepta Sororitas
1 Fortifications
192 Commission
tulkasulmar

Postby Cptn_Snuggles » Mon May 19, 2014 1:12 pm

Probably 3. That way I can always field them as a primary detachment. Although the thought of painting 2 more sounds exhausting!

Cheers,
BC
Cptn_Snuggles

Postby ciscogarza » Mon May 19, 2014 1:43 pm

Looks awesome. Can't wait to face them.
ciscogarza

Postby Nightspawn » Mon May 19, 2014 3:35 pm

Great work as always Brian.
G.R.A.M.P.A. Member Wait! That doesn't sound right.
"YOUR SUFFERING WILL BE LENGENDARY, EVEN IN HELL"
Nightspawn

Postby swampthing » Mon May 19, 2014 5:14 pm

Ive made two myself, these models are a pleasure to build. engineered very well.
and they look awsome.
and yes its very easy to go nuts on the decals, i had to use a lot of self control on my first one. my second has very few.
nice job on the paint!
swampthing

Postby homer@DG » Fri May 23, 2014 12:03 pm

well done my friend!
homer@DG

Return to Painting & Modeling