Army Builder

The place to discuss relevant News and Rumors!

Army Builder

Postby swampthing » Sat May 17, 2014 8:47 am

with the onslaught of codecies , supplements, dataslates, and now the looming 6.5 edition comming out of GW. Has army builder become obsolete to the 40k world? It seems to me they have not been keeping up, for example, ive been waiting for a farsight enclave patch for ever, and have given up on the idea of ever seeing one. what are your thoughts.
swampthing

Re: Army Builder

Postby Brian » Sat May 17, 2014 3:56 pm

I've recently switched to Battlescribe and Quartermaster for list tinkering and I use AB only for list printing. I honestly do not see myself using AB anymore within a year unless they put out a good mobile app. The two apps I mentioned are good, not great, and in my opinion no developer as of yet has produced an exceptional mobile list builder.
Brian

Re: Army Builder

Postby jlong05 » Mon May 19, 2014 7:56 am

As a member of the support team for Army Builder, I can say that the group is working on material updates, but you hit the nail on the head. At the speed GW is/was releasing material, its become an onslaught of work to keep up with. Given that the support group are all volunteers who have other real life jobs and families, the AB files have always taken a second hand stance for work being done.

As for Farsight, I believe the last release had that included. We did bring a new member on board to help and that was the army he worked on.

All I can say is that the files will be made, but its not a priority when weighed against the rest of our life.
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05

Return to News & Rumors