Swag bag problems

AdeptiCon 2014 will be held April 3rd - 6th, 2014 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL. Visit the AdeptiCon website (http://www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

Swag bag problems

Postby seahawk » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:36 am

Just wanted this thrown out there for next year.

I got my badge mere hours after the webcart opened; obviously, this meant I'd get a partial bag. That was no problem.

The problem was that I got a partial bag, but my friend didn't. My friend, who showed up on Friday the 4th, registered, paid, and received a full bag with all the extra fixin's.

So, what motivation is there to sign up months in advance and get a bum bag, when I can roll in mid-event and get a fully filled out bag?

As I told another buddy the story, he said that similar happened to him. He registered early enough for a full bag, and when he went to check in, they only gave him a partial bag, despite it saying "full bag" right there on his badge. He argued and they relented.

For next year, I hope the crew is more in tune with the rules they should be actually following, rather than whatever was happening. I'm not personally bothered by the bag situation, but since the full bags were obviously available I would have preferred one of those. ;)
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Re: Swag bag problems

Postby Matthias » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:21 am

Occasionally minor hiccups occur in this process. Registrations are color-coded to help determine who gets what swag bag (first 1000 = full, after that it is a roll of the dice as some items we have 1500 of, others we have 2000 of), they do not say "Full Bag" or anything like that. Anyone registering onsite should only have received the plastic bag swag bags.

That said - I am voting to end swag bags in their current form going forward. The format is antiquated given our current attendance and stories like this will always crop up.
Real battles are fought in 6mm!
Matthias
Techpriest

Postby seahawk » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:48 pm

Could have been colors; he said something about that too, so I, not knowing all the details could have misspoke.

In my bag, I got the two metal figures (banner girl, western dude), the Graham McNeil book, and assorted advertising, which was all I wanted out of it. My friend/cohost got the PP box, the FoW tank, and other stuff, including the metal figures and book I think. We both got plastic bags, so I'm not sure what you meant there. Also, the stuff that was displayed on the table; the terrain piece on the other sprue stuff; how was one to acquire those? I asked, but they didn't really know.

Either way, I wouldn't mind a change moving forward. The mega lines are nuts when they don't matter.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby Matthias » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:11 pm

You got the correct bag as your order number was around 300 past the cutoff. Swag bags are assigned in the order of registration not line position, so the line has nothing to do with it - those lines will be there regardless.

The person that registered onsite simply shouldn't have received a full bag. If true, that is a fluke/mistake and should hardly be presented as the norm.

The stuff on the table was for VIG badge holders. The FoW tank was a leftover from a previous year and was randomly distributed in bags.
Real battles are fought in 6mm!
Matthias
Techpriest

Postby seahawk » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:49 pm

Gotcha. Thanks for the explanations!
seahawk

Postby YeezyMozart » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:34 pm

My bag had a pound of some type of white powder and some breakable glow sticks.... Man was Adepticon the BEST! :D
I knew a man who once said, ”Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.”

Chicago Kamikazes: http://chicagokamikazes.blogspot.com/
YeezyMozart

Postby Lord Krungharr » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:01 pm

My bag just had a bunch of worthless cash inside.
Lord Krungharr

Return to AdeptiCon 2014