Anyone planing a new army?

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

Anyone planing a new army?

Postby griffen127 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:18 pm

I was wondering if anyone is planing a new army any time soon? I was hoping to start a HE army however I just don't think its going to happen. How about you? If so what is it? Looking forward to see whats on the horizon.
Proud founder of LotR FUBAD club. I need a sarcasm sign.
griffen127

Re: Anyone planing a new army?

Postby Dark Dragon » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:50 pm

I'm planning on starting a Corsair Reaver/Merchant King themed army in the next week or so. I should finish my last box of Erebor Dwarves, but I'm having trouble finding the motivation to grind through them.
Dark Dragon

Postby prion2001 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:38 am

I'm hoping to finish my Harad/Mumak force this year. Once I have another evil army under my belt I think I'd like to finally tackle the elusive Hobbits of the Shire army.

Jamie
"It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing." Boromir
Check out my painting blog at http://www.fivearmies.blogspot.com
Shop Gorgon Studios. http://www.gorgon-studios.com
prion2001

Postby griffen127 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:13 pm

Jamie didn't u start that army like 5 years ago?
griffen127

Postby prion2001 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:31 pm

griffen127 wrote:Jamie didn't u start that army like 5 years ago?

:roll: I KNEW you would have some kind of smartass comment. :P

Let me just respond by saying, you can't rush perfection.
"It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing." Boromir
Check out my painting blog at http://www.fivearmies.blogspot.com
Shop Gorgon Studios. http://www.gorgon-studios.com
prion2001

Postby Bolg_Was_Epic » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:57 pm

Is this more about an army for the next years tournament or just our next army project we'd like to work on in general?
ADEPTICON Hobbit players. I'd love your support. I with others are working on a Hobbit League that has no mandatory attendance and no fees. We have goals to keep this hobby functioning in the future and are currently working on monthly tournaments.
Bolg_Was_Epic

Postby griffen127 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:53 am

Just any army u are hoping to start this year.
griffen127

Postby thorhak » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:38 am

...reviving a theme from 2007!
Mayhem in the Mountains 2014?!?!?!?! Stay tuned! Adeptus Mile High
thorhak

Postby griffen127 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:00 pm

good stuff keith
griffen127

Postby Sajii » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:06 pm

Yeah, planning an army of Goblintown goblins where each one is fighting a Watcher in the Water while riding a Balrog, all fitting on a 25mm base. Pretty epic 3pt models, eh?
What, do I sign my name here or something?
Sajii

Postby memphismitch » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:58 am

I know Bolg_was_epic was planning something with hunter orcs, sounds like a solid choice. Being a "good" player - I struggle with my wood elves - even the new rangers have a poor armor defense - as bad ass as they are with extra attacks - if you are playing good, the recommendation would be something with Beorn the bear.... his stats are CRAZY good.
memphismitch

Postby Monty » Sun May 04, 2014 4:41 pm

I'm going to do something out of the Simarlilion. If I can figure out how to spell Simariliion.
Monty

Postby Bolg_Was_Epic » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:16 am

griffen127 wrote:Just any army u are hoping to start this year.

First off, I find 750 pts to be the best, so all of the armies I am "making" are to that points level.

Ahhhh ok. Well, Im planning a Hunter Orc army as Mitch says later. Ive already got Yazneg, Fimbul, and a Captain I created out of a regular Hunter Orc. I also have like thirty something of them. I need 1 more box for a 750 pt army. Thats the army I want to finish most. I have Bolg too, but unless its like 1000-1250 pt+ army, I will never justify using him or Azog for that matter.

I also am creating a Goblin army from Moria and Goblin Town. I have most pieces for both of them, but barely painted and not set yet at which models I want to keep and whats extra. Need a few more 'big' pieces for the Moria one though.

As for good, Im trying to Finish my wood Elf army. I need a couple boxes of Mirkwood Rangers and then Ill be complete....I have the rest of the pieces.

Those are the ones right now Im actively working on finishing. I just have to see where I want to spend my money first. My final conclusion is picking up some Rangers, Hunters, and a few pieces for Moria this next week.

Honestly, I have a lot of stuff....armies I want to finish or continue to build in my mind in probably this order though goes as follows:

1. Fallen Realms Harad/Umbar/Mahud-I have plenty of this stuff.....easily the most in my collection. But the thing is I have to decide if I want to keep or sell large portions of it, including a bunch of brand new Corsair Arbalesters. I also have a ton of mounted Haradrim and some serpent guard I have to either fit into an army of get rid of as well. I havent play tested enough to see exactly what I want. I also have to convert a ton of Corsairs into reavers and its such a pain in terms of time and everything.....
2. Rohan/Helms Deep defenders(need more riders and converting some to elite unites)
3. Durins Folk/Thrors army (Durins folk have more variety but I love Thror army heros and the erebor warriors....fact of the matter is though, all I own are Thorins company, so Id have to sell all my Durins folk to afford that, and right now, I have a pretty much complete Durins folk army)

To put it simply, I have a bunch of stuff that I am figuring out if I should keep or get rid of, and which to put into armies so I know how many I need. I have like 10 unfinished armies FFS. But the ones at the top Im working actively on.

memphismitch wrote:I know Bolg_was_epic was planning something with hunter orcs, sounds like a solid choice. Being a "good" player - I struggle with my wood elves - even the new rangers have a poor armor defense - as bad ass as they are with extra attacks - if you are playing good, the recommendation would be something with Beorn the bear.... his stats are CRAZY good.

Yes indeed as outlined up there^ Theyve been my favorite of all armies Ive used. Even more than my Isengard army at Adepticon. Theyd probably be #2.

And yeah on Beorn and your army. I know the wood elves are expensive points wise, so its tough.....but Id like to see you field a wood elf army unit with Beorn allied. You can try it some week if youd like and we can do 850 or more points so his point value doesnt take up nearly a 1/3 of your list.

Id put him, Thranduil, some Rangers, Legolas, and some other wood elfs together in a list at 750 but its tough. Especially depending on the enemy, pt value, and scenario.
ADEPTICON Hobbit players. I'd love your support. I with others are working on a Hobbit League that has no mandatory attendance and no fees. We have goals to keep this hobby functioning in the future and are currently working on monthly tournaments.
Bolg_Was_Epic

Postby Smeagol » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:39 pm

I am not working actively on finishi g either of these, but I have Dunlendings and the Warriors of Dale to finish. I might pick up Gideon. Neither force is a power house, but they are solidly themed which helps. I too have become fond of 750 points, though I do jot fet to play at the moment.
Smeagol

Return to Lord of the Rings News