Which Aragorn to use at 600pts?

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby under the gaze of the Lidless Eye...

Which Aragorn to use at 600pts?

Postby Dragi » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:09 pm

Just like the title says I don't know which Aragorn to use at 600pts. Like King and Strider but I have never played the Isildur's Heir version how is he? better than the normal Strider? It will be for a friendly game and maybe a friendly tournament in a couple of months.
"By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!" -

King Elessar
Dragi

Re: Which Aragorn to use at 600pts?

Postby Bolg_Was_Epic » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:18 am

Im no genius at this never having fielded him at a tournament but considering its 600 pts, using the king is ridiculous to me. Its half your army. Youre probably gonna break first for sure. And forget numbers for other scenarios with objectives.

Strider is by FAR what you want. The king had the sword, anduril. Its so unecessary at that points cost. You wont have trouble killing most troops with regular strider with 4 strength all those attacks and a free point of might every single turn.

Isidurs heir is all about helping the other heros hence him being included in the Three Hunters box. He has two special abilities relating just to Legolas and Gimli alone. Anything but strider is a waste to me.
ADEPTICON Hobbit players. I'd love your support. I with others are working on a Hobbit League that has no mandatory attendance and no fees. We have goals to keep this hobby functioning in the future and are currently working on monthly tournaments.
Bolg_Was_Epic

Postby griffen127 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:15 pm

none
Proud founder of LotR FUBAD club. I need a sarcasm sign.
griffen127

Postby Dragi » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:03 pm

Bow or Elven Cloak on Strider?
"By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!" -

King Elessar
Dragi

Return to Rules Discussions (LotR)