Adeptus scenarios?

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

Adeptus scenarios?

Postby Bolg_Was_Epic » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:09 am

Anyone have an idea when these might come out? Its getting close to d day and Ive been spending money on models I plan on using but if they come out with some crazy scenarios I may have wasted money when I change my game plan. What do they generally do every year this is my first one.
ADEPTICON Hobbit players. I'd love your support. I with others are working on a Hobbit League that has no mandatory attendance and no fees. We have goals to keep this hobby functioning in the future and are currently working on monthly tournaments.
Bolg_Was_Epic

Re: Adeptus scenarios?

Postby BrentS » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:12 pm

Scenarios for Adepticon are generally not published before the tournament. However, its safe to assume they are probably similar to those from both the sourcebook and the old Legions of Middle Earth book. We generally don't see crazy home made scenarios. I believe the scenario packets from the previous years are available on the Adepticon webpage (under the Past Coverage sections)
BrentS

Postby BostonNazgul » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:13 pm

expect objective driven scenarios. relatively standard but maybe a couple small twists

A good bet would be

domination type game
escape the board edge
and a lords of battle type engagement
BostonNazgul

Postby Bolg_Was_Epic » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:12 am

Really escape the board edge?
Last edited by Bolg_Was_Epic on Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ADEPTICON Hobbit players. I'd love your support. I with others are working on a Hobbit League that has no mandatory attendance and no fees. We have goals to keep this hobby functioning in the future and are currently working on monthly tournaments.
Bolg_Was_Epic

Postby Bolg_Was_Epic » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:13 am

BrentS wrote:Scenarios for Adepticon are generally not published before the tournament. However, its safe to assume they are probably similar to those from both the sourcebook and the old Legions of Middle Earth book. We generally don't see crazy home made scenarios. I believe the scenario packets from the previous years are available on the Adepticon webpage (under the Past Coverage sections)

So we find them out right when we get there?
Bolg_Was_Epic

Postby BrentS » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:15 am

Bolg_Was_Epic wrote:
BrentS wrote:Scenarios for Adepticon are generally not published before the tournament. However, its safe to assume they are probably similar to those from both the sourcebook and the old Legions of Middle Earth book. We generally don't see crazy home made scenarios. I believe the scenario packets from the previous years are available on the Adepticon webpage (under the Past Coverage sections)

So we find them out right when we get there?

Yep, When you check in for the event you will receive a "tournament packet" which will have the event rules and scoring sheets.
BrentS

Postby Bolg_Was_Epic » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:30 pm

Do they do it to make sure people actually take armies they like instead of building them for the event?
Bolg_Was_Epic

Postby BrentS » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:46 pm

Bolg_Was_Epic wrote:Do they do it to make sure people actually take armies they like instead of building them for the event?

That has certainly been part of the rationale. They goal has always been to reward well balanced armies. I dunno if it makes a difference but that's sort of how it's always been with the Rings events.

To be honest, there isn't a lot of variability that can be used for Rings scenarios. I think Boston Nazgul hit it correctly, I would assume something like the three that he mentioned.
BrentS

Postby Bolg_Was_Epic » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:13 pm

I love lords of battle and domination is cool but recon is just to me, one scenario the rule books could so without. In any manner Ill look forward to the event! My
Bolg_Was_Epic

Postby Bolg_Was_Epic » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:13 pm

I love lords of battle and domination is cool but recon is just to me, one scenario the rule books could so without. In any manner Ill look forward to the event! My first one.
Bolg_Was_Epic

Return to Lord of the Rings News