Helping promote hobbit/lotr - new player at new GW store

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

Helping promote hobbit/lotr - new player at new GW store

Postby memphismitch » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:22 pm

I am a new hobbit/lotr player and I have just recently bought a couple of war bands. Andrew the mgr at the new Games Workshop in Orland Park (at lakeview plaza) corner of 159th and LaGrange is trying to build interest in the game... on Wednesdays, he has scenarios for anyone interested in coming. He is planning on doing some more things to promote the game coming up in April too. Usually I play fantasy, but I gave it a shot and I find the game faster paced and much easier to play.... I run skirmishes with Andrew, but we would like to have more opponents... come on out to the store -- Wood Elf Captain, Memphis Mitch :mrgreen:
memphismitch

Re: Helping promote hobbit/lotr - new player at new GW store

Postby prion2001 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:54 pm

I want to echo what memphismitch has posted. The manager of the new store is a really nice guy and seems to honestly enjoy The Hobbit and want to support people playing it. As we've seen, the store guys are often working against GW's lack of effort to promote the game but nothing the managers can do about that. He seems like he'll do the best he can for the game.

I'm going to try and get out to the store one of these Wednesdays. The downside is the store closes at 7pm on Weeknights so you have to get there early and I know that may be an issue for those working 9-5.

Also, they are running a The Hobbit Team Tournament on Saturday March 8th from 10-3pm. 400 points (200 points per team member). It sounds like no real strict rules as he's trying to get people in to play. As I find out more details I post them here. I plan to attend with my son (potentially). Those of you I know locally, expect me to be harassing you to come out to this. :twisted:

Jamie
"It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing." Boromir
Check out my painting blog at http://www.fivearmies.blogspot.com
Shop Gorgon Studios. http://www.gorgon-studios.com
prion2001

Re: Helping promote hobbit/lotr - new player at new GW store

Postby Bolg_Was_Epic » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:32 am

This is the best news I can hear!! Im in Europe right now on family business, but I am coming to the United States March 10th. Ill be there March 12th for sure!

I have plenty of miniatures! I will be more than happy to volunteer to bring some troops for people to learn to play with and to actually practice.

Ive got Gondor, Isengard, Mordor, Wood Elves, Numenor, Harad, Corsairs, Rohan kinda, Fiefdoms kinda, Moria Kinda, Durins Folk, some Easterlings, some Mahud, Fellowship of course, and some high elves.

Furthermore I have some high elves from the Hobbit, and some evil Hunter orcs mostly from the Hobbit.

Most of its unpainted but if its free to use to teach no biggie. Some are painted anyway.

Funny thing is I was planning on going to a few new GWs locally and asking if I could put up a little piece of paper with contact info to get a league going or at least a group of people.

Unfortunately Ill obviously not make that tournament but come the week after Im down. Im not working so I can be there during the days. Save another tournament for me guys!

I think you can tell by exclamations how excited I am to hear this!

All three other gws I went to didnt see to give a **** when I asked about hobbit stuff. Maybe cause they were closing but a couple I was brushed off in almost an insulting way.
ADEPTICON Hobbit players. I'd love your support. I with others are working on a Hobbit League that has no mandatory attendance and no fees. We have goals to keep this hobby functioning in the future and are currently working on monthly tournaments.
Bolg_Was_Epic

Return to Lord of the Rings News