Iyanden Supplement List: 1850 for Darkstar

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

Iyanden Supplement List: 1850 for Darkstar

Postby Lord Baerion » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:29 am

Very new to 40k and extremely new to Eldar. I only have about 500 points painted, but will really hit it hard before March.

What I would really love for some of you out there is some possible ways to play this list as well as if you would change the weapon loadouts on any of the units. Otherwise I'm going all wraiths to get it painted in time and to keep the theme.

Farseer - Wraithforge Stone, Singing Spear, Guardian Helm
Spiritseer (2)

Wraithknight - Scatter Laser, Suncannon/Shield

Wraithlord - Ghostglaive, Bright Lance, Bright Lance, Flamer, Flamer
Wraithlord - Ghostglaive, Scatter Laser, Scatter Laser, Flamer, Flamer

Wraithguard (5)
Wraithguard (5) D-Scythes
- Wave Serpent TL Scatter Laser, Shur Cannon, Holo-Fields, Spirit Stones
Wraithblades (5) - GhostAxe/Shield

Vyper Squadron (because I have it painted already) - Shur Cannon, Scatter Laser, Holo-Fields

1845 points
Lord Baerion

Re: Iyanden Supplement List: 1850 for Darkstar

Postby xenite » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:05 pm

Cool. I don't know too much about the Iyanden book and I am also very new to Eldar. I am taking them to Darkstar as well, but my list has a bunch of guardians in it along with some Wraith this and thats. Are the Wraithlords Elite or Troops?

I think that you will have fun with this list and moving the Wraithguards off of objectives will be a hassle for your opponents possibly. If they do have an answer to WG, you may be in trouble. The one thing I would recommend is to bump the WG units which are in serpents up to 6 guys to give them a bit more punch. Not sure where you will get the points, but it could help.

I am really inexperienced with 40k & Eldar as well, but that is what jumped out at me.
Check out my site for hobby updates, sculpting articles, and other madness.
Little Green Monsters

Hit me up on Twitter!
@the_xenite
xenite

Re: Iyanden Supplement List: 1850 for Darkstar

Postby JPA » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:04 pm

Lord Baerion wrote:Very new to 40k and extremely new to Eldar. I only have about 500 points painted, but will really hit it hard before March.

What I would really love for some of you out there is some possible ways to play this list as well as if you would change the weapon loadouts on any of the units. Otherwise I'm going all wraiths to get it painted in time and to keep the theme.

Farseer - Wraithforge Stone, Singing Spear, Guardian Helm
Spiritseer (2)

Wraithknight - Scatter Laser, Suncannon/Shield

Wraithlord - Ghostglaive, Bright Lance, Bright Lance, Flamer, Flamer
Wraithlord - Ghostglaive, Scatter Laser, Scatter Laser, Flamer, Flamer

Wraithguard (5)
Wraithguard (5) D-Scythes
Wraithblades (5) - GhostAxe/Shield

Vyper Squadron (because I have it painted already) - Shur Cannon, Scatter Laser, Holo-Fields

1845 points

I don't know how competitively your trying to play but the farseer isn't really adding much value to your list and the guardian helm in min wraith units always felt like a waste to me. I would drop the farseer, put the Wraithforge Stone on a spritseer and add a unit or two of jet bikes. 3 troops at 1850 isn't much. Furthermore I would take the wraith knight stock and try to fit in another wave serpent.
JPA

Return to Army Lists (40K)