The Fate of BBB

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

The Fate of BBB

Postby BrentS » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:54 pm

I just wanted to post something here to let you all know that its very likely BBB will not be returning in 2014. Attendance in 2013 was way down and with the move to a new location I wasn't even able to break even for all the event costs. Some of these were self inflicted (I ordered much more swag than we needed) but even without those costs, I'm just not sure there will be enough interest to support a second LOTR gaming tournament in Chicago.

I wanted to say, I truly appreciate everyone who has supported BBB over the years. We had lots of support from local players and really got a chance to meet some great new people from all over the country. I'm very thankful for everyone for making the trip to fly out for the event.

The final decision will be made post Adepticon but I wanted to at least let people know the direction things were headed.
BrentS

Re: The Fate of BBB

Postby wobblefoot » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:25 pm

I wanted to say thank you for taking the time to run these and that I'm glad I was able to be a part of such a finely run event with a great group of gamers.
wobblefoot

Postby JLeong » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:10 am

Brent I wish to join Tim (and I'm certain our whole community here) to thank you for years of dedication and hard work to pull together this great event. I've loved every one (though I think I missed one haha), and I truly appreciate the work you have put in to help us all enjoy our hobby.
In the event that you do decide to go through with another year, you'll have my thanks and my $ ducats $ haha!

If you do decide to discontinue the event, I don't think anyone could possibly blame you. We are grateful to have had all the Bashes you've hosted each year! It gave me personally a great opportunity to play and see everyone. Thanks again!!!

- Josh
JLeong

Postby Bolg_Was_Epic » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:13 am

Well, I am working/will be on trying to get people together to get a small group going. Maybe Ill be able to round up some folks and if I can by Adepticon or shortly thereafter, Ill let you know.
ADEPTICON Hobbit players. I'd love your support. I with others are working on a Hobbit League that has no mandatory attendance and no fees. We have goals to keep this hobby functioning in the future and are currently working on monthly tournaments.
Bolg_Was_Epic

Postby acepilot12 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:12 pm

Thanks Brent for having organized this great event over the last 5 years. It is a great group of players, but the numbers do not support renting space at a hotel to run an event anymore. It was fun getting to help organize the event the last two years.
acepilot12

Postby Namiel » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:12 pm

What about moving it to a place like draxstar? Would significantly cut the cost of hosting it and if the event is planned well in advanced they will reserve the table space
Namiel

Return to Lord of the Rings News