LotR Championships 2014!

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

LotR Championships 2014!

Postby prion2001 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:56 pm

Due to some staffing changes we've had a last minute change to the LotR event at Adepticon. The Team event is being replaced by a singles event with a shorter schedule. The basic details can be found below and full rules will be up in the next month or two. Remember, registration goes live tomorrow at 7pm Central time. Full Swag bags will go fast so don't delay. Register ASAP to ensure your swag bag and a spot in the LotR event.

LotR Championships:

Friday, April 4th 2014.

750 points of any one faction (good or evil). Games will be played against opponents based on battle scores so expect good vs. good and evil vs. evil matchups as in years past at Adepticon.

3 rounds, 2.5 hour games. Registration starts at 8am and awards start at 5:30pm.

See the Adepticon WebCart for more details.
http://cart.adepticon.org/index.php?mai ... cts_id=833
"It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing." Boromir
Check out my painting blog at http://www.fivearmies.blogspot.com
Shop Gorgon Studios. http://www.gorgon-studios.com
prion2001

Re: LotR Championships 2014!

Postby BostonNazgul » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:49 am

registration opens tomorrow at 7pm
BostonNazgul

Postby Bolg_Was_Epic » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:56 am

Sup guys. New here. Just wondering. Looks like the website says 5 tickets left.

How does this all work Im new, but I want tourney experience against players. Is this tourney full of great players where I get murdered every round or what.

I really want an actual LOTR event like organized. Im not a moron but I dont know this game well. Should I sign up before all the seats are taken? Ill have an army by then and everything.
ADEPTICON Hobbit players. I'd love your support. I with others are working on a Hobbit League that has no mandatory attendance and no fees. We have goals to keep this hobby functioning in the future and are currently working on monthly tournaments.
Bolg_Was_Epic

Postby JLeong » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:06 pm

Welcome, Bolg! And Merry Christmas! It's always great to see a new Chicagoland player. We have a pretty strong core of players that shows up regularly to LotR tournaments in the area. The principal tournaments around here are Adepticon (in April) and Bilbo's Birthday Bash in November. There are occasionally other local, in-store tournaments (like in Kenosha, WI) around here. Mayhem in the Mountains (I think is still up and running) is over in Denver.

New players are always welcome at events. Tournament gaming for LotR/Hobbit does not have the brutally competitive nature that 40k or WFB tournament gaming does. This is a great group of people to play with. They are fun, and they produce some amazing looking miniatures.
As long as you know the rules and play in good faith, then you should be fine at Adepticon. I do recommend that your first games not be at a tournament, however. I can't say what your performance will be like, because every player is different. You may do quite well, or things may not go your way. What is important is that you know the rules and know how your army works. You should get some practice games in between now and April to make sure you know the rules.
I can promise, though, that (unless you're really competitive) even if you do lose a majority of games, the people are nice enough that you'll have fun anyway. For some of us, these are among the only games we get to play throughout the entire year, so folks like me are just happy to be on the table.

Good luck, and I hope you are enjoying the hobby so far.
JLeong

Postby BostonNazgul » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:36 pm

Welcome! I would recommend getting the ticket because it will be a great time either way. Our group is smaller and pretty well knit but new blood is always welcome! It is refreshing. starting to sound like a vampire now....

Anyway, I think I can speak for everyone for the most part in that everyone is there to have fun. The army selection is civil, and everyone has a great attitude. As long as everyone is being fair and if there are issues, they get resolved in a positive, adult manner.

I promise you will have a fun and enjoyable time and do not worry if it is your first tournament! The games are very friendly with people who love the hobbit/lord of the rings.
BostonNazgul

Postby Bolg_Was_Epic » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:21 pm

Yeah I figured what you guys are saying was true. Honestly, if I go and lose all my games, Ill be like damn, but I wont care. I want to go to play and enjoy a real game, and mostly learn. Whatever I can learn buy losing, Id love to learn it.

I want to go and I probably will hearing a couple of messages from you guys. I figured thats how it would be and Im just anxious to go play learn and meet people.

You guys have any tip like how long to expect to be there and ideas for food timing, other logistical bs that hopefully wont get in the way?
ADEPTICON Hobbit players. I'd love your support. I with others are working on a Hobbit League that has no mandatory attendance and no fees. We have goals to keep this hobby functioning in the future and are currently working on monthly tournaments.
Bolg_Was_Epic

Postby Bolg_Was_Epic » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:39 am

So ok guys, i bought a lotr pass for 20 bucks now thats the only pass I need to go right or do i need something else just to get in? I was reading but I wasnt sure.
Bolg_Was_Epic

Postby Smeagol » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:40 am

You will need the weekend badge. The event fees are an extra charge on top of the convention fee.
Smeagol

Postby Bolg_Was_Epic » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:02 pm

Damn. That sucks. Lotta money for not using it really. Oh well. I just wanna play in a tourney.

Let me ask you guys a question though so I know how to build an army....what games are to be played? Like to we choose random scenarios or how does it work?

Obviously Im not gonna create goblins for lords of battle or something lol

Can you link me to the actual page I have to buy it I cant find it??
Bolg_Was_Epic

Postby Smeagol » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:18 pm

Typically the scenarios are presented by the organizer at the time of play. It's best to build a balanced force, but you can always win a major victory by destroying your opponents force. The last time I looked the specific rules hadn't been posted yet.
Last edited by Smeagol on Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Smeagol

Postby acepilot12 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:51 pm

The Tournament Packet, including scenarios, is still being worked on. Basic event rules will be posted soon. The scenarios will not be released until the event. In the past, we have used anything from book scenarios to custom scenarios. I just purchased the new sourcebook, and will begin updating the FAQ for the event, which will be posted when completed.
acepilot12

Postby Dragi » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:38 pm

Guess who is coming from Arizona to be part of the old gang. This guy. So I don't know what army/list to run.
"By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!" -

King Elessar
Dragi

Postby BostonNazgul » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:06 pm

good to hear!
BostonNazgul

Postby jlong05 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:11 pm

Dragi wrote:Guess who is coming from Arizona to be part of the old gang. This guy. So I don't know what army/list to run.

I am assuming it will have Aragorn...
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05

Postby Lordgoober » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:17 pm

yes it is since he's going to buy my Aragorn King version foot and mounted from me there. He's debating on whether to use the king version there and if he does I ship it out to him on Wednesday ;)
Lordgoober

Next

Return to Lord of the Rings News