Bolt Action 2014

Forum for announcing, planning, and discussing upcoming Bolt Action Tournaments and Special Events.

Bolt Action 2014

Postby tjski » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:25 pm

Okay Folks,

It is official, I Will be running the Bolt Action tournament at Adepticon 2014! Now after talking with the powers that be, we will be limited to only 20 players due to space and this being the first year of said event. So that means a couple of things:

First, I will need help with terrain! Being here in Phoenix, it is going to be hard for me to get the terrain ball rolling in the Chicago area. So what I am asking for is this, for ten tables worth of WW2 themed terrain. Now what we will be doing here in Phoenix for a Bolt Action 2 Day event, is have a few people step up and provide terrain for at least one table. I will leave it up to you, but I ask that you keep me informed with progress on said table. I plan on shipping at least two tables from Phoenix for the event, so that means I have 8 other tables that need to be filled.

Secondly, I need a basic head count of who may be coming and what army you will be bringing. I would love to be able to do as many Axis vs Allies match ups as possible. Also if there are more than 20 folks wanting to play, I may be able to get more space (can't promise anything now).

Thirdly, if you are planning on playing, you will need to sign up as soon as the registration goes live, so keep you eyes peeled when Adepticon announces that registration is opening up.

Okay, that covers what I need from the community, now here are a few things that I can tell you now so you can start playing.

3 rounds, 1000 points lists, all army books are in use and the one list (Mechanized armored list) will not be used.

Rough schedule will be as follows:

7:30am Check in
8:00 - 10:00 Round One
10:30 - 12:30 Round Two
12:20 - 1:30 Lunch
1:30 - 3:30 Round Three

I will be doing awards for Best Overall General, Best Painted, Best Sportsmen, there may be other "fun prizes" given away. (If you have been to Gathering in the Desert, you know what I am talking about!). Any questions can be directed to me here, PM here or email me at TJKulinski@cox.net

More info will be coming soon, now, who wants to build some terrain???

Tim K
tjski

Re: Bolt Action 2014

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:18 am

That is good news. This sounds like it should be a fun event.

Thanks for spearheading it.
Guardian of Ecthelion

Postby Lordgoober » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:38 am

The real question is when would this be happening? I run Gothic on Sunday. I've gone back to school for a high school math teaching credential and one of my classes for the Spring (for the first year, the counselor you meet with schedules both fall and spring classes for the academic year) is a friday afternoon class. Depending on how that syllabus reads when I get that one in the Spring, if there's no exam Adepticon Friday I will tell the prof at the beginning of the semester I will be missing that class period and I'll be playing the Flames of War LW Nationals there which is a 2 day event. If that falls through then I might be able to do this if it's on Saturday.
Lordgoober

Postby tjski » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:25 am

Lordgoober wrote:The real question is when would this be happening? I run Gothic on Sunday.

Well from talking to the powers that be, it looks like it will be on Sunday, this way it allows folks that play LotR and Saga a chance to play. Since this is the first year for this event, we get whatever we get.

Tim K
tjski

Postby Lordgoober » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:55 am

Ok. I'll sadly be out then.
Lordgoober

Postby DeusVult » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:00 am

I hope to be in with Russians, but the guys I'm going with want to leave Sunday morning. I'll be trying to convince them to stay. :)
DeusVult

Postby BostonNazgul » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:43 pm

Japanese here. Thinking i could do 1 table worth of stuff. Maybe an Ardennes board
BostonNazgul

Postby BrentS » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:35 pm

Count me in for Americans. Probably European theatre Americans.

I may help with terrain but probably not as I have a lot of other painting commitments.
BrentS

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:35 pm

I am in with Americans.
Guardian of Ecthelion

Postby BostonNazgul » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:35 pm

damn american scum, stomping around my mighty pacific empire
BostonNazgul

Postby BrentS » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:24 pm

So, I've settled on an Army. I'm going to build a US Army based off the 45th Infantry Division which formed part of the reinforcements on the Anzio Beachhead in Italy. Why this army? Because as it turns out this is the Division where my Grandfather served as a 2nd Lt. So there you have it, my Reinforced Platoon Commander, 2nd Lt Walter S Dodson, 157th infantry Regiment, 45th Division of the 5th Army. Just the inspiration I needed. I've been doing a lot of research trying to figure out where he served. It's been a fun and interesting research.
BrentS

Postby tjski » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:04 pm

Brent,

That is cool, that is why I love the American landing in North Africa, because my Grandfather was there. I grew up hearing about some of the things that he experienced while over there. This is what I would like to see more folks do with there armies, do a little digging and build there armies around real units.

Tim K
tjski

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:24 pm

Damn that's coll for both of you. Great theme and awesome historical research for your armies. Love it
Guardian of Ecthelion

Postby Lordgoober » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:58 pm

Seems like Allessio just pissed off a lot of people in the online world with the most recent update to the official tournament packet. He put in there a new rule limiting armies to 12 order dice in list construction.
Lordgoober

Postby tjski » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:30 am

Lordgoober wrote:Seems like Allessio just pissed off a lot of people in the online world with the most recent update to the official tournament packet. He put in there a new rule limiting armies to 12 order dice in list construction.

I saw that, but I don't think it is as bad as it seems. What many of those players were doing I the whole min/max thing taking small squads with experienced troops. What I noticed is that these lists did not look very historical, it reminded me of 40k builds.

I for one applaud the change, heck, my army builds are only around 8 to 10 units any way. I will be adding this to GitD and to Adepticon events.

Tim K
tjski

Next

Return to Tournaments & Special Events (BA)