Bolt Action and Adepticon tourney?

All things Bolt Action!

Re: Bolt Action and Adepticon tourney?

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Wed May 15, 2013 8:26 pm

I guess that is the major issue. I think everyone who would be interested in playing doesn't want to run an event. I know I would rather play.
Guardian of Ecthelion

Postby RichN » Fri May 17, 2013 7:53 am

For those of you interested in Bolt Action tournaments:
http://www.warlordgames.com/downloads/p ... 0rules.pdf
Warlord has released a tournament rule set.
Terrain, Modeling and More... Chicago Terrain Factory
RichN

Postby tjski » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:22 am

Okay,

Bringing back this old thread, got a few questions.

Okay, it looks like we (the wife and I) are headed to Adepticon 2014 and it looks like I may be running a Bolt Action tournament, so a couple of questions.

1- just how many folks are playing Bolt Action and would be interested in a event?

2- Would folks want a Axis vs Allies event or an open format?

3- How many points? I am thinking 1000

4- Do we use theater selectors?

5- does anyone want to help with terrain?

Tim K
tjski

Postby Lordgoober » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:35 am

Not sure though I'm working up 1000 point lists for US and Brits (brits for the desert, US for late war)
Lordgoober

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:27 am

There are about 4-6 of us n WI that would come down for Bolt Action. I would like 1000 points, Axis vs Allies could be difficult. I know they usually do not allow theater selectors from what I can see online. I would help with terrain. Keep me posted.
Guardian of Ecthelion

Postby DeusVult » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:47 pm

Couple more from Wisconsin. 1000 pts. would be great, as that's what I have already done !I could help a little with terrain.
DeusVult

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:33 pm

Holy Crap, there about half dozen in the Baraboo are too. We might have to try and schedule a tournament in WI sometime. Would you guys in Menasha are be willing to come down to Milwaukee?
Guardian of Ecthelion

Postby tjski » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:01 pm

So, it seems that there are a few folks out there that would play. This week I will be talking to the powers that be at Adepticon about what it will take.

As for terrain, I will need as much help as I can take since I am in AZ, I will be building at least one table and shipping it out to Chi town for said event. As some know, I love cool looking terrain for events and in my opinion Bolt Action needs a lot of terrain. Playing BA on open table is rough!

Okay I am thinking 1000 points is what most folks are building. I would say that all army books are in use for the event as well as whatever Warlord puts out. Although I am thinking no armored lists. I would hate to face nothing but all armor.

As for Axis vs Allies, I think I would try to set up historical opponents for the first round, than all bets are off since there is probably going to be more players with Allied armies.

One last thing, this will not be an "all Warlord models" only event. So you will be able to use other companies stuff, just as long as its based like BA.

Tim K
tjski

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:34 am

The other thing I think should be addressed is different scales. I know there are other companies that have WWII vehicles, not the same as 28mm some are a little bigger. It doesn't matter to me if someone uses a 1/48th scale tamya tank, but I do think all there vehicles should be 1/48th then. Does that make sense?
Guardian of Ecthelion

Postby DeusVult » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:20 am

We would certainly be willing to travel down to Milwaukee. I have about a 2 hour travel radius for normal games, farther for tournaments, lol.
DeusVult

Postby Lordgoober » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:44 am

it's an interesting conundrum on the vehicle scales. I'm probably going to be getting a Tamiya Crusader to go with my desert brits myself and then I've got a pair of Warlord Bren Carriers already to go with them. My US vehicles are the two from the starter army (a M4 and a M3 Halftrack). I won't be getting any more vehicles for them until Black Tree puts their US vehicles on sale most likely.
Lordgoober

Postby tjski » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:52 am

Guardian of Ecthelion wrote:The other thing I think should be addressed is different scales. I know there are other companies that have WWII vehicles, not the same as 28mm some are a little bigger. It doesn't matter to me if someone uses a 1/48th scale tamya tank, but I do think all there vehicles should be 1/48th then. Does that make sense?

I was wondering when the scale issue was going to come up, I have been doing 28mm games for well over 15 years now with many rules. I remember when the true 28mm ( 1/56th) came onto the market, for years all you could get is 1/48th scale or 1/60th. I for one am not concerned about the scale issue( 1/48th vs 1/56)' in fact when you I put my buddies Warlord Sherman up against my Tamiya Sherman, it was only slightly bigger.

To my eye 1/48th scale looks right and I have a ton of Tamiya vehicles, so as long as folks are not using 15mm or 1/32nd scale I think we would be okay.

Tim K
tjski

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:39 pm

@Deus--- I will definitely keep you posted. I am thinking sometime in Sept.

@Tim-- My only concern with the scale is in the same army. Maybe that is my own analness? You are running the event, so its your call. I will play no matter what the ruling is.
Guardian of Ecthelion

Postby tjski » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:27 pm

Guardian of Ecthelion wrote:@Deus--- I will definitely keep you posted. I am thinking sometime in Sept.

@Tim-- My only concern with the scale is in the same army. Maybe that is my own analness? You are running the event, so its your call. I will play no matter what the ruling is.

Another reason I am against only using 1/48th models is that then you could not use Warlords own models which are 1/56th scale. I don't think Warlord would like that too much, lol!

As for running the event, I am waiting to hear back from Hank and crew about that. This weekend is the Adepticon staff party, and I will know more after that is over.

Tim K
tjski

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:36 am

Warlord doesn't seem to be a stickler like GW. I think they know people use other models with there rules.
Anyways, keep us posted.
Guardian of Ecthelion

PreviousNext

Return to Bolt Action General Discussion