Gladiator Rules question.

AdeptiCon 2013 will be held April 18th - 21st, 2013 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL. Visit the AdeptiCon website (http://www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

Gladiator Rules question.

Postby tulkasulmar » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:25 pm

For the 40K Gladiator Tournament, the first bulleted rule states:
Armies will consist of a base list of 2500 points or less using a standard Force Organization Chart with an optional secondary Force Organization Chart........

The part that states optional secondary Force Organization Chart, does this mean that I can take 2 separate FOC to total 2500 pts?

Thanks for any clarification.
J
(2014)
Painted:
255 bases/trays
10 Demons
74 Astra Militarum/Militarum Tempestus
68 Grey Knights/Inquisition
15 Adepta Sororitas
1 Fortifications
192 Commission
tulkasulmar

Re: Gladiator Rules question.

Postby Lord Krungharr » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:03 pm

As I understood it, it means you may take up to two Primary Detachments, each of which is required to have 1 HQ and 2 Troops. You can also have 1 Allied Detachment per Primary Detachment, that is up to 2 Allied Detachments if you have 2 Primary Detachments.

Both Primary Detachments have to be of the same Codex, or if you are running for example a Daemon Lord, then the first Primary Detachment has to be Daemons. A superheavy vehicle up to 4 hull points or single gargantuan creature takes up the ENTIRE 2nd Primary Detachment.

So we will see some crazy amounts of psychic backscratching tagteam Allies, or just spam upon spam of many sorts, or some ridculous Monster Lists. Good luck! I know I'll need it :)
Lord Krungharr

Postby tulkasulmar » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:31 pm

So I can then take Two Primary Detachments and can load up on 4 HQs and up to 12 Troops?
(2014)
Painted:
255 bases/trays
10 Demons
74 Astra Militarum/Militarum Tempestus
68 Grey Knights/Inquisition
15 Adepta Sororitas
1 Fortifications
192 Commission
tulkasulmar

Postby Lord Krungharr » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:03 am

Absolutely! So if you play IG for example, that's a possible 4 Master of Ordnances and an obscene amount of Veteran Squads with Demo charges, if you're inclined for pie-plates....and I think there would still be plenty of room for Vendettas :)
Lord Krungharr

Postby seahawk » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:17 pm

Coulda just said "Standard FOC and all that", because you still get two primary detachments at 2000+.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Return to AdeptiCon 2013