The New Tau Codex

Do you know the best way to beat that unbeatable 40k army? Well post it here and share the knowledge.

The New Tau Codex

Postby moonshadow13 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:07 pm

all I can say is WOW!! Hey Necron flying circus get ready for the Tau interceptor/sky fire upgrades on all crisis suits that matter :). As for the supporting fire and Cadre HQ the tau troops just became the unit you don't want to charge. I have to admit I did not expect the Tau codex to be so good :). Its about time they got their own big boy giant suit with big guns. I had to buy one just so I can use it when it becomes legal for tournament play. Imagine overcharging every round and dealing out the death.

They still suck in melee, but now at least by the time you unit reaches mine in combat there will be a great deal less of them to make up for the lack of fighting ability.

Tau = Death at 30" range
The new Tau = Death at 30"

Time to bring the Pain!!! For the greater good :)
moonshadow13

Re: The New Tau Codex

Postby tulkasulmar » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:49 pm

20 Kroots w Sniper Rounds for 140 pts, plus get benefits from Markerlights. :D
(2014)
Painted:
255 bases/trays
10 Demons
74 Astra Militarum/Militarum Tempestus
68 Grey Knights/Inquisition
15 Adepta Sororitas
1 Fortifications
192 Commission
tulkasulmar

Postby moonshadow13 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:33 am

Only thing I don't like is the broadside heavy rail gun is now Strength 8. I was so looking forward to one shooting anything with toughness 5 such as flying daemons. Alas, I need to put the book down and focus on Adepticon. They are using the old codex still and I need to stay focused. I am still looking at some allied combinations. So far one of my biggest issues was when a fellow AWC circuit player used Jaws of the wolf X2 on my crisis suits. That ended badly for me. Thanks Tony G. for showing me the big hole I had in my allied force army :).
The new Tau = Death at 30"

Time to bring the Pain!!! For the greater good :)
moonshadow13

Postby swampthing » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:01 am

yes i was dissappointed to see the braodsides' gun nerfed a little, but a 60" melta shot paired with a support system that allows skyfire (velocity tracker) and you now have a nifty anti aircraft unit thats very hard to kill. stick it in the corner and light up those airplanes.

wait, did i really say "nifty".... :shock:
swampthing

Return to Tactics (40K)