AdeptiCon 2013 FAQ v1.0

AdeptiCon 2013 will be held April 18th - 21st, 2013 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL. Visit the AdeptiCon website (http://www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

AdeptiCon 2013 FAQ v1.0

Postby muwhe » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:12 pm

AdeptiCon FAQ v1.0 is posted here:

This document includes the Games Workshop (Rulebook and Codex Specific ) and Forgeworld ( Imperial Armour and Apocalypse) questions. Our expectation is this document will be updated at least once more prior to AdeptiCon to account for the release of the Chaos Daemons codex, new questions and clarifications.
muwhe
AdeptiCon Oracle

Re: AdeptiCon 2013 FAQ v1.0

Postby The Black Knight » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:05 am

Please see the 40k rules discussion for a couple daemon questions. Thanks.
The Black Knight always triumphs.
The Black Knight

Postby Redbeard » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:11 am

Specific question for inclusion:

Will FW daemons (Those that can be taken as part of the CD army per allowable IA unit PDF, so: Daemon Lords, Blight Drone, Blood Slaughterer, Decimator, Mamon, Plague Hulk, Spined Chaos Beast, Uraka) be treated as a "Daemon of instert god name here" as per the new Chaos Daemon codex?

And do you have any idea when we'll know? If so, I think I'm going to try daemons, but need to build a display and such, and there's only a month to go.
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby Matthias » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:57 am

Alex,

I know they wrapped up an FAQ call on a bunch of Daemon items last night. There should be a new version of the IA/Apoc Addendum out shortly, but I'll see if I can dig up the answer to this question sooner.
Real battles are fought in 6mm!
Matthias
Techpriest

Postby Lord Krungharr » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:17 pm

Cool, I'm looking forward to using my Daemons too. Alas I will probably not have room in my suitcase for a display.
Lord Krungharr

Postby yakface » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:29 pm

Alex,

It will be probably around a week until we get the official updates up for the Chaos Daemon FW stuff. But generally speaking here is some stuff we've agreed upon that should help shape your army decisions:

• For any vehicle with ‘Daemonic’ rule, replace this with both the ‘Daemon’ special rule (from the main rulebook) and the ‘Daemonic Resilience’ rule from the Chaos Daemons codex.
    • For any vehicle with either the ‘Possession’ or ‘Daemonic Possession’ rules, use the ‘Daemonic Possession’ rule from the Chaos Space Marine codex instead.

As for the big daddy Daemon Lords, they will all be considered 'Daemons of X' (for their particular god) per the CD codex, and their living icon rules use the Icons of Chaos rules from the CD codex. There are more individual clarifications for each Daemon Lord, but none of them are massive enough that I think they need to be included in this post.

The giant chicken Lord (Tzeentch Daemon Lord) is much more problematic and we are going to basically publish a separate PDF containing all of his 'old' rules so he can be used pretty much as he used to be (except for being a Daemon of Tzeentch and having an Icon of Chaos per the new CD book).

For Mamom and Uraka...they keep their stat bonuses (even though those 'gifts' no longer exist), count as being Daemon of X (for their particular god) per the CD codex and use the rulebook versions of the USRs they have...so Mamon has FNP 5+ and the rulebook Slow and Purposeful, for example.

Hope that helps!
yakface

Postby Redbeard » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:36 pm

It was very specific, except for the two items I was hoping to find out about.

Are Blight Drones or Plague Hulks going to be Daemons of Nurgle? A soulgrinder, for example, must be a Daemon of Something.

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby Lord Krungharr » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:40 pm

That answers my queries...if Scabiethrax is Daemon of Nurgle he gets Shrouded and is benefited by Epidemius! HOORAY!
Lord Krungharr

Postby yakface » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:51 am

Redbeard wrote:It was very specific, except for the two items I was hoping to find out about.

Are Blight Drones or Plague Hulks going to be Daemons of Nurgle? A soulgrinder, for example, must be a Daemon of Something.

Sorry, about that!

Yeah, Plague Hulks, Blight Drones, Blood Slaughterers, etc, we are *not* assuming that they are 'Daemons of X'. That may be where Forgeworld ends up going with these units when they revamp their rules, but since we're not confident of that fact (like we are with the Daemon Lords and the Daemon special characters) we're just sticking closer to their actual unit entries in those cases.
yakface

Postby Redbeard » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:57 am

Well, not the answer I was hoping for, but thanks for the info. Back to the drawing board, I guess.

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby The Black Knight » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:38 am

Any idea when we will be seeing the updated FAQ with daemon questions?... Those of us planning on playing them need a little time to get a list together.
The Black Knight always triumphs.
The Black Knight

Postby Matthias » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:29 pm

I have received the IA/Apoc stuff, but I am still waiting on the Rulebook/Codex-specific updates. I know they have had a few calls already - I'd expect the end of next week.
Real battles are fought in 6mm!
Matthias
Techpriest

Return to AdeptiCon 2013