Is this brutal?

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

Is this brutal?

Postby RAMSEY » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:48 am

I'm thinking about getting into a few tournaments this year and would really like to take my Chaos. So I've been thinking about a few lists that might competetive. Here's one of them.

Lord-MoN, MS, BG

PM's x7 2x Melta Rhino
PM's x7 2x Melta Rhino
PM's x7 2x Melta Rhino
PM's x7 2x Melta Rhino
PM's x7 2x Melta Rhino

Heldrake x3

Forgefiend x3

I know there is no AP2 weapons except the meltas but I'm thinking that I won't need that many unless I get a GK or DW player.
"YOUR SUFFERING WILL BE LEGENDARY, EVEN IN HELL"
G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
No wait! That doesn't sound right.
RUMRUNNERS Gaming Group
Nephilim Jet Fighter…….. What’s it fighting?.... BALLOONS!
RAMSEY

Re: Is this brutal?

Postby Turtle » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:02 pm

boring as shit
"Here have a beer, Marines play better with beer: Rhysk
Turtle

Postby Dark Strategies » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:08 pm

If you want to test it out against my Necrons or Orks I'd be happy to play ya. Been a while since we had a match.
Dark Strategies

Postby Lord Krungharr » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:59 pm

I could see some good games and bad games with that list. The HQ doesn't really do anything for you. I would love to see how many units of Plague Marines my unit of Spawn with 2 JuggerLords (1 w/Fury Axe obviously) would kill in that game. Too bad I'm in Florida....
Lord Krungharr

Postby swampthing » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:21 am

heldrakes, Bah!, I hate Heldrakes.
swampthing

Postby RAMSEY » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:44 pm

@ Turtle Your comment is in no way helpful or constructive. Don't bother to post if this is all you have to offer.

@ Lord Krungharr The HQ id there just because it's filling a HQ slot. Probably won't see any action on the table. As to what your 2 Juggerlords would do to this list is yet to be seen. And it is too bad you're in Florida or you would find out what this list would do to them. :D

@ swampthing Don't hate the Heldrake for what it can do. Hate the codex and FAQ for making it so powerful. :P

Can anyone offer some advice on this list besides the HQ comment from Lord Krungarr? And if you're going to reply like Turtle then don't bother. This a possible list for tournaments. I would like to know how it would possibly do in a tournament setting.
"YOUR SUFFERING WILL BE LEGENDARY, EVEN IN HELL"
G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
No wait! That doesn't sound right.
RUMRUNNERS Gaming Group
Nephilim Jet Fighter…….. What’s it fighting?.... BALLOONS!
RAMSEY

Postby ciscogarza » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:50 pm

I like the list. It looks pretty good. I would add a different HQ, one that would great for a counter attack. Other than that, I really hate those Helldrakes!
ciscogarza

Postby Depayen » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:40 pm

I think your list will do well because of the hell drakes. I would maybe though add a agies defense line with quad gun. this way when your rhinos and forge fiend are behind it they have a 4 up cover save also. Now you just made a 50/50 chance of glances and pens going thru and you place it where you need it. Just a thought Ramsey.
Last edited by Depayen on Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Death comes at high Speed!
Here cometh the orangemen!

O'where O'where will I pop in. Go first I will let you shoot at nothing.
Depayen

Postby Lord Krungharr » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:15 pm

Ah, yes, we do need HQs...sometimes I wish we didn't. But tis true, those Heldrakes are pretty awesome, not many scoring units can defy and survive those Baleflamers...the S6 makes FNP on DE and Zombies worthless too.

I've had mixed results with the Forgefiends at BS3, though the potential with all the S8 shots is really nice. I agree that taking an Aegis Line would strongly benefit the list, even having to dump a Forgefiend for one. I would recommend taking an Icarus Lascannon over the Quad Gun, and stick the Lord on the Icarus (at BS5) and put him with a 10 Nurgle Cultist unit for 70 points. I think you'd still have 15 or 20 points leftover, maybe for a couple combi-weapons on the Rhinos too.....the Icarus has a MUCH better chance of exploding most flyers than the Quad Gun, AND you get to shoot before the target flyer shoots in the opponent's turn. Plus you can kill light tanks from 96" away too if you haven't Intercepted the immediately preceding enemy turn.

Armies with deepstriking shooty crap could be a headache for you on the rearend of the Heldrakes (mine has been downed from mass bolt pistol fire of all things), but still you have 3 of them.

Flying MCs will also be a problem if they can shoot/wreck the Rhinos and then assault the Plaguers inside. Smash attacks will ignore their FNP and armor of course....although you'll be able to tie them up with the inevitable/irritating Challenges from your Plague Champions :) So the new Daemons may spell a bit of trouble, though it would for sure be a fantastic bloodbath!
Lord Krungharr

Postby CmdrVimes » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:48 am

One Question about the Aegis. Would it actually give the Forgefiend a 4+ cover since it does not cover 25% of it? At least I don't think it does.
Len C.
CmdrVimes

Postby Lord Krungharr » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:09 am

I'm pretty sure the Aegis LIne is tall enough to cover at least 25% of the Forgefiend's apparent surface area, at least from an Infantry model's perspective. A Vendetta, for example, could see right over the wall from quite a ways back to avoid that cover, unless the Forgefiend was perhaps right up against the wall.
Which brings up another subject of contention where I play, I'll start a new thread.
Lord Krungharr

Return to Army Lists (40K)