Plague Zombies and Huron Blackheart Experimental Game

Do you know the best way to beat that unbeatable 40k army? Well post it here and share the knowledge.

Plague Zombies and Huron Blackheart Experimental Game

Postby Lord Krungharr » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:42 pm

I played my first game with zombie hordes today vs Blood Angels. Hammer n Anvil, Crusade (the one with D3 +2 Objectives). I only got 1 unit to infiltrate with Huron's Trait, so I had 22 zombies on an objective across the table on a hill in forest. I had 12 zombies on my center field Skyshield Pad with 2 units of Havocs. Other 2 units of 22 zombies marched on either side of the Skyshield, a LOOOOONG way from any other objectives.

Long story short, at the end of the game the only zombies alive were the 12 on the Skyshield 2" away from an objective on a hill next to the Pad, which is why the Pad was in that locale to begin with. That won me the game, narrowly...my deepstriking Typhus w 3 Oblits, 3 more Oblits, and the 9 Flamers came in on turn 3 and helped to erase 3 tac squads which drop podded into the center field objective, then the Flamers hopped over and erased the Death Company on that far hill objective I had zombified earlier.

So my zombie lesson #1 is always max out their squad size, and I would probably not take more than 2 units of zombies (not a reliable scoring unit in many cases);

#2 they really need cover, so place objectives in terrain if you get a choice about it and deploy close as possible to them;

#3 Typhus isn't super duper effective unless you get him close to an enemy and in combat along with a Friendly champion of some sort, so deepstriking him with Terminators is about the only option, unless your Huron rolls higher on his Deception Master roll to Infiltrate....but I feel he can be worth the points IF you take Plague Marines too. He doesn't make a whole lot sense with Oblits, but that's what I had. Oh well, it was a pretty fun game, but I am not used to moving around that many models; luckily the zombies died so fast I didn't have to move them much at all!

And Huron is a pretty cool HQ, I would definitely run him again. He's pretty good in combat, got the heavy flamer, and Infiltrating is a fun useful and new tool for my Chaos Marines (I never tried it with 4th ed. Veteran Skills, nor Chosen in 5th). Might be good with Noise Marines and Berzerkers, or their Marked CSM wannabe brethren. You roll for the Deception before deployment, so you can see how many units get Infiltrated, and then decide what ICs join what units. Take Ahriman too, and you get 2D3 Infiltrating units. That might be really fun, put those Thousand Sons up real close! Of course going 1st turn might be better for the shooty ones, and going second better for those assaulty units.......
Lord Krungharr

Re: Plague Zombies and Huron Blackheart Experimental Game

Postby 00Enron » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:40 am

isnt that ability a warlord trait? How would you get 2D3 units
Adepticon 2008-Best Appearance
G.R.A.M.P.A member
00Enron

Re: Plague Zombies and Huron Blackheart Experimental Game

Postby Lord Krungharr » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:12 pm

Oops, yeah, you're right. Can only have 1 Warlord.
Lord Krungharr

Return to Tactics (40K)