Bilbo's Birthday Bash...

Post and review Lord of the Rings army lists.

Bilbo's Birthday Bash...

Postby BrentS » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:29 pm

Not the tournament but the Army!

Version #1
Bilbo Baggins (Wanderers) - Warband #1
Gandalf, Cart (Fellowship) - Warband #2
Merry (Fellowship) - Warband #2
Pippin (Fellowship) - Warband #2
Frodo (Shire) - Warband #3
Sam (Shire) - Warband #4
Paladin Took (Shire) - Warband #5
Lobelia (Shire) - Warband #6 (IC)
Fatty Bolger (Shire) Warband #7 (IC)
Farmer Maggot (Shire) Warband #8 (IC)
Hobbit Militia x 30 (divided equally between Warbands #3,4, and 5)
-----
40 Models. No Bows. 9 Might spread around

Now, let me tell you, its hard to build an army around this theme. The shire has limited heroes that can be used to bring warriors. There is also the funny rule with Bilbo that if Bilbo and Frodo are in the same force that Frodo gets the ring... well that doesn't make sense at all for this army. So I have to use the Frodo of Nine Fingers from the Shire to get around this, since that version of Frodo cannot carry the ring. However, that profile of Frodo is "buffed" (his post Mt Doom profile). He's wearing the Mithril coat that Bilbos is also wearing. So the rules say that Bilbo keeps the Mithril coat so I'll be dropping Frodo's defense value and essentially sacricing the points. I also had to include Sam as the my last Shire hero so that I could bring the third warband of Hobbit Militia. So this is Samwise the Brave (buffed with Sting). So, again, Bilbo will have sting still and Sam will have his normal strength. So in essence I'm overpaying for both Frodo and Sam but its the only way I could work out the army.

Anyway, its a confusing army but at least I could fit all the key players in there - including Gandalf and his cart :D Afterall, what's Bilbo's Birthday without some fireworks, right?

Please note: I know that this is not a "competitive" army. Too many overpriced heros and not enough warriors. Options for this army were fairly limited, :P However, it felt entirely appropriate for me to build an army for Bilbo's Birthday Bash.
BrentS

Re: Bilbo's Birthday Bash...

Postby BostonNazgul » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:14 pm

you have always wanted to do a hobbit force so I am glad you finally got around to it. Gonna need some shire weed to enjoy the slaughter fest you might sometimes face....
BostonNazgul

Re: Bilbo's Birthday Bash...

Postby BrentS » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:40 pm

BostonNazgul wrote:Gonna need some shire weed to enjoy the slaughter fest you might sometimes face....

Yep, gonna need some of Longbottom's finest.
BrentS

Return to Army Lists (LotR)