1850 space marine list

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

1850 space marine list

Postby tear of the angel » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:34 pm

Hq-
Pedro

Elts-
5 sternguard w/ 2 lascannons, combi-plasma
5 sternguard w/ 2 lascannons, combi-plasma
5 sternguard w/ 2 lascannons

Trps-
5 scoutw/ snipers and 1 missile launcher

Fst-
3 attack bikes w/ multimeltas

Hvy-
3 preadators w/ all lascannons

So what do you guys think is this competitive or will it get hammered.
SEMPER FORTIS- ALWAYS COURAGEOUS
tear of the angel

Re: 1850 space marine list

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:05 pm

I think you have all the anti armor covered, but what about a horde? Do you shoot lascannons at a 50 man blob squad with 5 power axes and stealth? I think a little diversity would help more. Attack bikes are great. How about giving one unit heavy bolters? That could help vs. hordes.

Take a predator and turn it into a Thunderfire cannon. This will help vs. hordes to and it synergizes with your scouts by having the Techmarine fortify a piece of terrain for better cover saves.

Now take a unit of Sternguard and turn it into a dreadnought. What!? Yes a dreadnought. This guy acts as a speed bump to assault units running through your lines.

Now you've saved a bunch of points. 65+ 30 + 50. Take those points and make a 10 man Sternguard unit. Out of one of the 5 man. I would remove lascannons from this unit. This units job is to shoot stuff with special ammo. Wound things on a 2+ and do it with 10 guys on the move. You could always combat squad them if you need 6 scoring units otherwise 5 is good to.

Here's what you got.

HQ Pedro

El 10 Sternguard
El 5 Sternguard,2 lascannons
El dreadnought

Tr 5 scouts, missile, sniper

Fa 3 attack bikes
Fa 3 attack bikes, mm
Fa 3 attack bikes, mm

Hv predator,all lascannons
Hv predator, all lascannons
Hv Thunderfire cannon

You know I would love to take one of those predators and turn it into a vindicator. That would help this list out a lot. I tried not to change the flavor of your list. I hope my suggestions are within your means to change. Try and get that vindicator instead of a second predator.
Generalissimo_Fred

Re: 1850 space marine list

Postby GregSwanson » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:00 pm

Fred you could probably get by with two mm attack bikes in a squad which will free up 100 points to be used elsewhere. I would use it to get some combiweapons for the sternguard making them more effective. You could use the additional points to turn the pred into a vindy
That crazy fireman!
I am not smart but I can lift heavy things!
In the grim darkness of the future, there is only war. There are not massive army costume parties and campy parade floats. - xNickBaranx
GregSwanson

Return to Army Lists (40K)