Tyranids Tactics

Do you know the best way to beat that unbeatable 40k army? Well post it here and share the knowledge.

Tyranids Tactics

Postby YeezyMozart » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:55 pm

I will be heading out to TSHFT in Seattle next month and I plan on running my Necrons or Nids out there.

The one thing that is making me lean towards Nids is that they can Ally with themselves in this event. Its 2000 pts one force org.

I have been thinking about two options:

1) Swarmlord and 2 Flyrants
2) 3 Flyrants

If the trip was not expensive and I didn't want to stay competitive I would take 7 tervigons and doom in a pod.
I knew a man who once said, ”Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.”

Chicago Kamikazes: http://chicagokamikazes.blogspot.com/
YeezyMozart

Re: Tyranids Tactics

Postby Lord Krungharr » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:18 pm

Well, I have to say that in my experience of losing to nearly every Nids army I've ever played against (except 1 win in 4th edition and 1 at BeakyCon, still 5th edition) the Flying Hive Tyrant with 2 of those Devourer? guns seems to be the best choice. You'll be able to take out other flyers no problem with 3 of those, and still clobber most dudes in close combat with them if needed.

The Swarmlord of course kicks butt against mostly anyone too, but he's fairly easy to stay clear of since he's not super fast. As far as durability, I thought he had the same 3+ armor as the Flyrant, and doesn't he only get the bonesword invul in close combat?

Now after the new Tau codex comes out with all their rumored anti-flyer crap, I might change my mind, but that's probably not coming out next month.
Lord Krungharr

Return to Tactics (40K)