One last time for a Nurgle list

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

One last time for a Nurgle list

Postby RAMSEY » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:25 pm

After looking over the codex again and again I've come up with one last attempt at a fluffy but competative list. Take a look

Going for a 1850 list.

Lord- MoN, Bike, Black Mace, Gift of Mutation, Sigil of Corroption

Epidemus

Plaguebearers X5

Plague Marines- X7 Melta, Flamer, VoLW, PF, PP, Rhino w/EA
Plague Marines- X7 Melta, Flamer, VoLW, PF, PP, Rhino w/EA
Plague Marines- X8 Melta, Flamer, VoLW, PF, PP, Rhino w/EA

Cultist- X20 MoN

Oblits X2 MoN, VoLW
Oblits X2 MoN, VoLW

Heldrake

Total 1832

Eighteen points left over to push around.
"YOUR SUFFERING WILL BE LEGENDARY, EVEN IN HELL"
G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
No wait! That doesn't sound right.
RUMRUNNERS Gaming Group
Nephilim Jet Fighter…….. What’s it fighting?.... BALLOONS!
RAMSEY

Re: One last time for a Nurgle list

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:11 pm

Can Epidermus and the plaguebearers. Make the list CSM only. Add in 5 Spawn with the Mark of Nurgle for 180pts. Attach The Lord on Bike to them as a bodyguard. They move the same distance and pair up we'll. You still stay fluffy and you made it more competitive.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby RAMSEY » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:12 am

What do you think about cutting out the Cultists all together and then add 4 Spawns with MoN? Stays fluffy, competetive and less units on the board that are not fearless.
G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
RUMRUNNERS Gaming Group
RAMSEY

Postby YeezyMozart » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:12 am

Just take Typhus and assault your own Quad gun with him and a unit of cultists then use his special power to kill like 20 of them turn one there you have achieved your goal.
I knew a man who once said, ”Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.”

Chicago Kamikazes: http://chicagokamikazes.blogspot.com/
YeezyMozart

Postby YeezyMozart » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:14 am

Generalissimo_Fred wrote:Can Epidermus and the plaguebearers. Make the list CSM only. Add in 5 Spawn with the Mark of Nurgle for 180pts. Attach The Lord on Bike to them as a bodyguard. They move the same distance and pair up we'll. You still stay fluffy and you made it more competitive.

Lord on a bike and Spawns is a bad idea the Lord can't run with the unit slowing it down. And the black mace is a waste of time and points.
I knew a man who once said, ”Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.”

Chicago Kamikazes: http://chicagokamikazes.blogspot.com/
YeezyMozart

Postby Lord Krungharr » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:59 pm

Epidemius with Plaguebearers is a better scoring unit than Cultists, plus the Tally can buff everyone else up. So keep them, fairly cheap and effective. I'd say can the Heldrake, take Nurgle Bikers with plasma guns. Then when you assault with the Mace Lord, the Biker Champ can do the Challenges, plus they can shoot along the way.

Spawn do make great bodyguards but then there's the damn challenge issue. I haven't tried it yet, but running a unit of Bikers next to or behind the Spawn/Lord unit, then having the Lord switch units before assaulting would be a cool trick if pulled off effectively.

The Mace is definitely not a waste of points if you assault the right units with it. The Black Mace wounds on 2+ remember, then the Curse is usually at least as effective as Psychic Shriek to reap extra wounds which ignore (I think) any saves. In my testing it fares much better than a pair of Lightning Claws.

A Nurgle Lord is not slowed down by anything on a Bike. Nurgle Daemon Princes are Slow and Purposeful, not Nurgle Lords. So the Bike Lord and Spawn never roll difficult terrain, even when charging, although the Lord would have to take a Dangerous Terrain check if moving or assaulting through difficult terrain.

That Typhus trick is super-cheese, would any tournament actually permit such a masterful exploitation? That might be 230 points well spent......
Lord Krungharr

Postby RAMSEY » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:10 am

Lord Krungharr wrote:That Typhus trick is super-cheese, would any tournament actually permit such a masterful exploitation?

Lets just ask any of the new Necron players that take 3 flyers in a tournament. There are no cheesy list just cheesy people that take them.
G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
RUMRUNNERS Gaming Group
RAMSEY

Postby Turtle » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:55 am

slow and purposeful doesn't cause you to move slower in this edition
"Here have a beer, Marines play better with beer: Rhysk
Turtle

Postby Lord Krungharr » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:59 pm

Assaulting the Quad Gun purchased by the assaulting player just to detonate the player's own dudes is 1+1=2 levels cheesier than taking 3 flyers, however, still within the rules apparently. Spam is perhaps not cheese, but just boring, although potentially very effective. I think 3 Heldrakes wouldn't be bad, but probably not all that great either, and certainly not fluffy except in a Daemon Engine extravaganza.

Slow and Purposeful is real nice not having to roll difficult terrain all the time, but those models cannot Run, nor can they Overwatch. The latter is one reason I decided a Nurgle Daemon Prince with the Burning Brand of Skalathrax isn't all that super great.
Lord Krungharr

Return to Army Lists (40K)