Anti Daemon Spam Idea

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

Anti Daemon Spam Idea

Postby Lord Krungharr » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:17 pm

With all the hubbub over the Flamer/Screamer spam list that is supposedly unbeatable, I came up with this idea to deal with it. Experiments are begging to be played now, but alas, I don't have even have enough things of appropriate size to proxy with....

Typhus
Winged Nurgle Prince w Armor and Burning Brand
3x 35 Zombies
3x Heldrakes w Baleflamers

Aegis Line w Comms Relay

(Guard Allies)
Company Command Squad w Officer of the Fleet in Chimera
naked Vet Squad
2x Valkyrie squadron w rocket pods n heavy bolters

I think all that is 1995 points, and you get the Prince Swooping and Flyers Zooming/Vector Striking/Blasting n Shooting and the little Daemons won't be able to touch them. I'm not saying it's a sure bet, but I think something like this would fare well vs. that scary broken Flamer-Screamer list. I think going first would be better. If anyone plays a test game like that let us know what happens please!
Lord Krungharr

Re: Anti Daemon Spam Idea

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:49 pm

You need templates, lots of templates to hurt the bunched up flamers and templates with the range to get to them. I would think a vanilla list, maybe couple with GK, would be an easy answer.

Vanilla librarian with null zone
2 Thunderfire cannons
Coteaz
10 man strike squad

This would be good core to give those daemon armies a run for their money and not compromise your list against other armies. Nothing beats Null Zone for killing Daemons. The Thunderfires have the range and multiple templates to really hurt bunched up deep striking formations. Coteaz can attach to a unit to keep deep strikers at bay and the Strikes can set up a no deep striking zone to protect something you don't want the flamers to alpha strike.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby Lord Krungharr » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:04 pm

Yeah, those Thunderfires have nailed my Screamers in the past, ignoring cover saves too. Coteaz comes in real handy for many a game. I haven't played anyone using Null Zone in a while, that is a nasty annoying power!

But I don't play any of those limey Space Marines though, just Chaos and Daemons and Traitor Guard. If a Lord could somehow unlock a Dimensional Key in turn 1 by killing a model, then zip over to a trio of Defilers or 9 Obliterators and make that 12" radius difficult terrain bubble around them, that might make for a similarly effective tool kit. A Tzeentch Lord on a Disc becomes a Jetbike, so maybe he could do it, just gotta nail a Plaguebearer or Horror with a plasma pistol or combi bolter, etc.

9 Tzeentch Oblits on a Skyshield, bubblewrapped by zombies with the Key bubble activated, now that might survive a couple turns.
Lord Krungharr

Postby YeezyMozart » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:19 am

Mah..... my nids handle it fine!
I knew a man who once said, ”Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.”

Chicago Kamikazes: http://chicagokamikazes.blogspot.com/
YeezyMozart

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:00 am

YeezyMozart wrote:Mah..... my nids handle it fine!

Well then you are just a master tactician. I've had nightmares about facing 27 flamers and 27 screamers in one list. What is that 9d3+9 str 5 ap2 vector strike hits at 24" on the turn the screamers drop? Jesus how does anything survive that? and there are 3 units of them :shock:
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby Lord Krungharr » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:28 pm

Luckily the Screamers' Lash Attacks only hit at S4/AP-, but still D3+1 for each Screamer that passed over the unengaged unit. Only their Lamprey Melee attacks are at the S5/AP2.

Spread out enough zombies around my Skyshield with the Oblits on it and the Screamers couldn't land 1" away from my models to make their Lash attacks, especially if the Skyshield has 1 side to the table edge. That idea has worked well just as a firebase vs GKs and Orks, although the green tide overwhelmed my own objectives, and I lost by 1 Slay the Warlord point. I'll try it vs some Blood Angels or something tomorrow. I think it's a viable option vs a variety of armies.
Lord Krungharr

Return to Army Lists (40K)