Floi Stonehand

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby under the gaze of the Lidless Eye...

Floi Stonehand

Postby orcishthug » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:24 pm

I'm getting ready to run a large Dwarves vs. Goblins game at Hurricon. About 2250 points per side.
The last time I ran a version of this the last man standing was a Dragon. That was pre-Floi.
I'm assuming Floi could negate a Dragons Fly rule for a turn. Is that correct? I think the Goblins are going to get two Dragons this time so I count on Floi to help the Dwarves. One Dragon will be Fly and tough hide and the other will be a base model.
Men of Harlech stand ye steady
It cannot be ever said ye
For the battle were not ready
Welshmen never yield
orcishthug

Re: Floi Stonehand

Postby Smeagol » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:48 am

Floi can shutdown any Special rule for one turn. Fly is a special rule.

Magical Powers are not a special rule, except in the case of the dragon.
Smeagol

Re: Floi Stonehand

Postby Smeagol » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:56 pm

Been thinking some more on this regarding Tough Hide. Floi can cause a severely wounded dragon to expire by removing the Tough Hide special rule (and thus remove the extra Wound bonus from play). You might want to think on how you want to handle this sort of trickery. Personally I would allow the reduction in Wounds, but leave the dragon with at least one wound remaining rather than outright killing a dragon down to it's last one to three wounds. Floi's ability makes him potentially very dangerous to Tough Hide dragons as a result.
Smeagol

Return to Rules Discussions (LotR)