New thoughts for Epidemius, 1999pts limit

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

New thoughts for Epidemius, 1999pts limit

Postby Lord Krungharr » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:48 pm

So I pulled my Epidemius off eBay after he had a couple bids on him thinking there's gotta be a good way to make the Tally work. Now that even Slow n Purposeful models get to move 6" and charge 2D6, couldn't that help out? And even more beneficial is the Chaos Marine Daemon Princes can be Flying MCs, so that made me flip from primary Daemons detachment to an Allied Daemon detachment:

HQ1 n 2: Chaos Marine DP/Nurgle/Wings/ Doombolt exchanged for Psychic Shriek (cuz of 12" range)

Troops1: Plague Marines x 10/Personal Icon/2x Plasma Guns/Rhino/Dozer/extra bolter
Troops1: Plague Marines x 10/Personal Icon/2x Melta Guns/Rhino/Dozer/extra bolter

Heavy 1n2: Oblits x 2

Aegis Line/Quad Gun

HQ: Epidemius

T1 n 2: Plaguebearers x10

Elites: Beasts of Nurgle x 7/Noxious Touch

So my theory is Oblits can open up transports (hopefully) and the Daemon Princes can Vector Strike/Psychic Shriek and or Shriek then assault if in range. I'm on the fence about Wind vs. Shriek. Winds would be another 40 pts, and a little more potential to wound., but shorter range, but it can get hull points too. And I think it's time for Beasts of Nurgle to shine as much as they ever could; especially if that Tally gets up there.

Of course all this may change in a couple weeks; I wish I would've thought of it to try sooner. Anybody else try this type of thing yet?
Lord Krungharr

Re: New thoughts for Epidemius, 1999pts limit

Postby Depayen » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:21 pm

Yes I have. We both have different army set ups but the concepts are the same we both using all nurgle army with talley master and flying Daemons. To put it in a nut shell when it works it works and when it doesn't you can still win just not as forgiving if you make mistakes. Also since i know you play daemons you probably all ready know this, don't play passive cause by the time you get to benefit from talley you'll be to far away.
Death comes at high Speed!
Here cometh the orangemen!

O'where O'where will I pop in. Go first I will let you shoot at nothing.
Depayen

Postby Lord Krungharr » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:48 am

Yeah, that's been the flaw in the past, holding back too long. But I didn't have those Oblits in there before to nail the transports. I had KuGath and he's a huge point sink, although he usually does a bunch of damage.
Lord Krungharr

Postby seahawk » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:01 pm

A friend of mine has been using for his 2000 pt list (because real men play actual Warhammer ;) ) the following:

Kugath
GUO
GUO
Epidemius
15 Plaguebearers
15 Plaguebearers
15 Plaguebearers
6 Nurgling Swarms
6 Nurgling Swarms

...and I believe either more plaguebearers or nurglings. The monsters help ratchet the tally up quickly, and once that happens the Nurglings get scary.

For you, that list looks fine for now, though I'd combine the plaguebearers so that Epidemius has a healthy bodyguard for a while. I've heard some vehicles may be able to take Marks in the new book...a nurgle-marked fiend or dragon would be pretty pimp for getting the tally quick. Even if it's just predators or dreadnoughts that's fine too.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby Lord Krungharr » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:26 pm

Ooh, that would be fun to have Marked vehicles again and super awesome way to get a Tally up.

That old Tzeentch Coruscating Warp Flame was a really nice feature.

I wish it was next weekend already!
Lord Krungharr

Return to Army Lists (40K)