New FAQ's

The place to discuss relevant News and Rumors!

New FAQ's

Postby seahawk » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:32 am

Hot off the press, they fix up a lot of problems.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/conte ... ue&start=2
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Re: New FAQ's

Postby Calgar » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:35 pm

Agreed, a lot of questions have been answered, I like it.
Calgar

Postby Redbeard » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:21 pm

Not just FAQs, but in some cases, rewrites. Look Out Sir is no longer a choice, it's the model closest to the character, for example.
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby Lordgoober » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:46 pm

now it would be REALLY NICE if GW would get off their asses and give VC and Empire their FAQs. God knows Empire needs a few clarifications.
Lordgoober

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:05 am

About a year late for my Hive Guard to find out they ignore smoke launchers for cover saves. Oh well.

No more fortune for attached Archons in an Eldar unit. That's a relief. I had taken the Monolith specifically to try to stop the Dark Harliestar unit by sucking them in through the doorway on a str check. It was my only hope to stop that unit.

Look out sir has changed. Now the wounds must go to the closest model and that bill hamper spreading wounds out to multi wound units. However what happenens if 2 models are equally close to the IC using Look Out Sir? What if I have 2 fexes in base with a Prime.m where does the wound go to and can I alternate between the two fexes?

Necron models can embark on Nightscythes. That will help with maneuverability tremendously. Doom scythes can not use their death ray on flyers anymore.

Flying MC's now have Skyfire if they want it and the chaos Daemon Prince is a true flyer at last. We have about a month of using him as the cheapest flying MC in the game.

So many changes to the main rule book. If someone doesn't have access to these faq's it makes the game very different. At least at the competitive level. It's almost like they need to print a new rule book.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby Turtle » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:11 pm

for the carnifex question.
In close combat you chose which one to wound if they are equally close. However once you start putting wounds on a multi wound model you have to continue to do so until its dead.

In shooting if they are equally far apart you randomize to see which one gets wounded. Near as I can tell you do it for each shot, but that one I'm not positive on. The rest of it I am.
"Here have a beer, Marines play better with beer: Rhysk
Turtle

Postby Brian » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:58 pm

The "look out sir" question regarding two models that are equally close to the character comes up quite often when you're dealing with Daemons. Specifically, when a unit of flamers drops down and you have multiple flamers in base contact with the Pyrocaster.

The way I played it yesterday is I chose which model in base contact to allocate the wounds to but if multiple shots were coming in from the same unit I would allocate them all to the same model. It works out to my advantage if the enemy is only able to do one wound to a model in base contact with the pyrocaster through look out sir. When the next unit shoots at the same unit I just pick an unwounded flamer in base contact to "look out sir."
Brian

Return to News & Rumors