Banners at B3

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby under the gaze of the Lidless Eye...

Banners at B3

Postby knight of Gondor » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:01 pm

For B3 will heros who are treated as banners (Amdur, khandish king) count as banners for victory conditions?
From the darkness a fire shall be woken
A light from the shadow shall spring
Renewed shall blade that was broken
The crownless again shall be king
knight of Gondor

Re: Banners at B3

Postby BrentS » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:18 pm

knight of Gondor wrote:For B3 will heros who are treated as banners (Amdur, khandish king) count as banners for victory conditions?

I'd be curious to hear how other people have been playing it but my inclination would be no, they don't count as banners for victory conditions.
BrentS

Postby knight of Gondor » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:59 pm

My experience has been that amdur hasnt survived to the death so it hasnt come up in a game it only came up in my writing of lists for B3
From the darkness a fire shall be woken
A light from the shadow shall spring
Renewed shall blade that was broken
The crownless again shall be king
knight of Gondor

Postby Smeagol » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:58 am

My .02 is that they are treated as banners in all other respects. What is the difference between Boromir of the White Tower or Halbarad with the Banner of Arwen Evenstar and Imrahil or Amdur?

To be honest the likes of Boromir and Halbarad are superior banners because they don't go away when the hero is killed unlike the living banners. Likewise a Mumak may well be a banner, but it is a very dangerous one to use effectively.

To me a "treat like a banner" means just that. All rules and scenario conditions apply to that model.
Last edited by Smeagol on Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smeagol

Postby jlong05 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:37 pm

It was my understanding as well, that the Heros as banners counted as banners that survived under the new rules. This also evens out the issues with awarding scoring points as some armies have no actual banner available to them but do have a hero that acts as a banner.

Just my 2 cents as well. Spend it as you will, but the economy has made it only worth 1 cent now anyways.
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05

Return to Rules Discussions (LotR)