He can do what?

Do you know the best way to beat that unbeatable 40k army? Well post it here and share the knowledge.

He can do what?

Postby RAMSEY » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:30 pm

I heard of an over the top ally move that includes Epidemus and 20 Grots. Epidemus does Aura of Decay and kills of the Grots. That would top out the max of 20 kills for the Daemon side and evey follower of Nurgle gets the bonuses from Epidemus.

Question is, can he kill his own allies? I mean they would not be Battle Brother of course. Would this be a legal move tho? Cheesy?

What are your thoughts?
"YOUR SUFFERING WILL BE LEGENDARY, EVEN IN HELL"
G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
No wait! That doesn't sound right.
RUMRUNNERS Gaming Group
Nephilim Jet Fighter…….. What’s it fighting?.... BALLOONS!
RAMSEY

Re: He can do what?

Postby Lord Krungharr » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:46 pm

The club I play with down here does not permit that in tournaments, and although they do not count as 'friendly' models since they're desperate allies, I think permitting such a thing is not in the spirit of most games. However it is a very Chaotic thing to do. Hmmm, tough one. I guess if they counted as kill points for the enemy maybe it would be okay? Can other armies benefit like the Epidemius army would if such a thing happened?
Lord Krungharr

Postby Redbeard » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:05 am

The relevant rules are:

Page 112 rulebook:
"Units in your army treat Allies of Convenience as enemy units that cannot be charged, shot, targeted with psychic powers or have templates or blast markers placed over them. However, if a psychic power, scattering Blast weapon or other ability that affects an area hits some of these Allies of Convenience, they will be affected along with any friendly or enemy units. This means that, for example, Allies of Convenience units:"

Page 75 Daemon codex:
"Aura Of Decay

...Aura of Decay is a ranged weapon, but the Daemon may be in close combat at the time it uses it, as may the targets. When used, all enemy models within 6" of the daemon automatically suffer a Strength 2 hit with AP- (roll to wound as normal)"

Nothing in the rules indicates that it won't work.
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:28 am

Redbeard is right. It does work, however you won't kill all the grots in one turn. It takes a few turns to get it done and that's with the other guy not interfering with either unit the whole time AND you rolling the 3+ to get Epidermus in turn 1.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby seahawk » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:33 am

Agreed. Totally legal!
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Return to Tactics (40K)