New Death Company

Do you know the best way to beat that unbeatable 40k army? Well post it here and share the knowledge.

New Death Company

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:37 pm

I knew the new rules made the Death Company better, but now that I am putting it to paper I just have to say Wow :shock:

Each guy has 5 attacks on the charge with bolters or powerfists. 6 attacks on the charge if they have power weapons or axes. A 5-man unit, with 2 axes would put out 15 normal str 5 attacks and 12 str 6 ap 2 attacks on the charge for only 130pts :D They are no longer lead around and don't have to charge or even move towards the enemy each turn.

The Death Company Dreadnoughts are even better :!: They all have 7 attacks on the charge and can reroll either or both of the charge dice when they assault. They easily assault 8" or more, on average, each time. If you had it on a Stormraven, it would have a 26" or more assault range, but only be able to assault on turn 3 at the earliest. Screw that and have them run up behind a Land Raider instead. They would have a, conservatively, 23" assault range by turn 2 with 7 attacks and Blood Talons. Holy cow.

The only downside is they are still not scoring units, but their damage potential has gone up tremendously.
Generalissimo_Fred

Re: New Death Company

Postby seahawk » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:09 am

That's why I have 20 jumpers with assorted wargear! :D
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Re: New Death Company

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:01 pm

Screw the jumpers and take the DC as part of an allied force to IG. The guard will have plenty of scoring units already.
Generalissimo_Fred

Return to Tactics (40K)