1000 Points Eastern Realms, 6WB

Post and review Lord of the Rings army lists.

1000 Points Eastern Realms, 6WB

Postby BaronDeSade » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:42 am

I saw a few things that could improve my army last night. Although I am still a fan of combined-arms warbands, that doesn't mean that every warband in the army should look the same.

1st, 2nd and 3rd Warbands are all the same, though, as they all have the same function, anvils:

1 Easterling Captain with Halberd
6 Easterling Warriors with shields
4 Easterling Warriors with bows (to shoot and to fill in gaps in the battle line)
2 Easterling Warriors wtih pikes (to maximize the captain's fighting power)

4th Warband is a reserve force, send to contain enemy breakthroughs or to exploit our own breakthroughs

1 Khandish Chieftain with ax
8 Khandish warriors with axes
4 Khandish warriors with bows

In a fighting line, the Khandish troops usually get slaughtered, but as a reserve force, they should perform adequately.

5th and 6th Warbands are strike forces, and they go out on either flank

Easterling Captain on Armored horse with bow in charge of one, Khandish Chieftain on horse with bow in charge of the other

6 Easterling Warriors
4 Khandish Horsemen
2 Black Dragon Kataphrakts

These warbands can move at 5" speed and still shoot, then hit with F4 attacks. The Black Dragons are just kind of a lark, but the Easterlings really lack any heavy-hitting troops, so I'll give them a try.

998 points, 78 models

Best,

BdS
BaronDeSade

Re: 1000 Points Eastern Realms, 6WB

Postby Smeagol » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:00 pm

So Amdûr and that thrice cursed war priest have been retired. :-)
I like the looks of the force. Nice combat reserve as well. I recommend removing the archers from that unit and add in additional axe men. Easterling archers have a higher defense which makes them better at range. You won't want the Khandish engaging on their own if you can help it anyway.
Smeagol

Re: 1000 Points Eastern Realms, 6WB

Postby BaronDeSade » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:25 pm

Amdur is pretty expensive. It would be better to have more or better troops than it would be to have Amdur.

Yes, the thrice-cursed priest has been thrown from a great height, and it will be Sauron's mercy if he survives the fall, for I feel none towards him. How can someone be so consistently incompetent.

Good idea about the Khandish archers. It will give me four more points as well!

BdS
BaronDeSade

Return to Army Lists (LotR)