Move and shoot Ork Lootas

Do you know the best way to beat that unbeatable 40k army? Well post it here and share the knowledge.

Move and shoot Ork Lootas

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:38 pm

Yes you read the title correctly. Slow and Purposeful works on any unit that has at least one model with that special rule. Take a Warboss in Mega armor and attach him to a unit of 15 Lootas. The Lootas can now move and fire heavy weapons and also assault the turn they fire heavy weapons.

Reece Robbins at Frontline Gaming is coming up with a ton of these little 'loopholes'. I've poo-poo'd a number of them, but now he is hitting on some winners.
Generalissimo_Fred

Re: Move and shoot Ork Lootas

Postby Turtle » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:29 pm

if they have slow and purposeful, then they don't get to overwatch
"Here have a beer, Marines play better with beer: Rhysk
Turtle

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:39 am

Turtle wrote:if they have slow and purposeful, then they don't get to overwatch

Yea but who wants assault them? They have an attached Warboss in mega armor in combat who can ignore any wound he doesn't like on a 2+ with Look out Sir.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby Turtle » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:50 am

i would assault them with pretty much anything. then the lootas are dead and the warboss can wander off to do something else. In any case then the lootas are no longer shooting me
"Here have a beer, Marines play better with beer: Rhysk
Turtle

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:45 am

Turtle wrote:i would assault them with pretty much anything. then the lootas are dead and the warboss can wander off to do something else. In any case then the lootas are no longer shooting me

Good point. I'll have to change tactics. Between your army and the Lootas are 120 Ork Boyz. Good luck getting to the Lootas. :D
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby swampthing » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:08 am

Very Interrrrrrresting
swampthing

Postby YeezyMozart » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:13 am

Generalissimo_Fred wrote:
Turtle wrote:i would assault them with pretty much anything. then the lootas are dead and the warboss can wander off to do something else. In any case then the lootas are no longer shooting me

Good point. I'll have to change tactics. Between your army and the Lootas are 120 Ork Boyz. Good luck getting to the Lootas. :D

Fred,

Stop telling everyone my strategy! :twisted:
I knew a man who once said, ”Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.”

Chicago Kamikazes: http://chicagokamikazes.blogspot.com/
YeezyMozart

Postby Lord Krungharr » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:34 pm

Since one couldn't compete with Troops, maybe someone with like 6 Flying Monstrous Creatures could simultaneously Vector Strike that unit, and then shoot Daemonic Gazes and Bolts of Tzeentch at them afterwards. Meanwhile a couple Soul Grinders can spit Phlegm on the other Boyz and then assault them and tie them up for 3 or 4 turns; Klaws schmawz.
Lord Krungharr

Postby Norbu the Destroyer » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:37 am

Could you put that unit in a battlewagon? Hell even without the Mega Armour warboss, a Battlewagon driving around can still snapshot which isnt much of a hit off their to hit roll. If they fire at flyers, it makes no differance.
Norbu the Destroyer

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:08 pm

Ooohhh put them in a battle wagon! I like that idea. You could move the wagon 6" or 7" if it's red and still fire the Lootas. You could put them in a truck and move 12-13" and still fire at normal BS.
Generalissimo_Fred

Return to Tactics (40K)