Warhammer Historicals on sale!

Don't see a specific forum for all those other classic GW games? This is it. Necromunda, Inquisitor, Mordheim, Warmaster and even Warhammer Quest!

Warhammer Historicals on sale!

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:27 pm

All books half off!

http://www.warhammer-historical.com/

Warmaster Ancients is sold out already though. :'(
SG

Epic: Armageddon
Are you a soldier, or are you a general?

Ghost's Tiny Rat Farm, a blog of Warmaster Skaven
Ghost's Necro Terrain, Urban Madness in 28mm
Nat's Blog-o-Stuff, where everything else goes
Spectrar Ghost

Postby Lordgoober » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:41 pm

Heh. Dave mentioned it about 3-4 weeks ago. That's how I got my WAB 2 book.
Lordgoober

Postby slartibartfast » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:11 pm

Yeah it is still not a bad deal. Dont know what is still left though. I got Over the Top, Gladiator, and Kampfgruppe Normandy.

I think Games Plus got some stuff in, not sure if Warmaster Ancients was part of that deal. i think they have some other stuff left.

At this point Ebay or other places like that are your best bet now.
You start out with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before emptying the bag of luck.
Anonymous

In heaven everyone will have a Batmoble. - Kevin Smith
slartibartfast

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:37 pm

Why? Are they going out of print?
SG

Spectrar Ghost

Postby RichN » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:50 pm

Nobody knows. It looks like a liquidation, but there has been no announcement.
Terrain, Modeling and More... Chicago Terrain Factory
RichN

Postby Lordgoober » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:14 am

Nat, did you need the main rulebook for WMA? I actually have two copies, one that I had traded some stuff to a guy for and thought I had lost so I purchased a second copy. I'll let you have the more beat up copy when I dig it up for a reasonable price.
Lordgoober

Postby slartibartfast » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:04 am

I agree with RichN. There was a huge amount of posting at Warseer when it first started. We just dont know. And the sale has been on now for about 2 months now. Gets one wondering.

It would suck if they did shut it down. It is about the only GW games I still care about. They still are talking about releasing stuff. Armies of Antiquitis(sp) being one. But then they have been playtesting stuff for Kampfgruppe Normandy while not renewing the contract for Warwick the author of the game. Strange.
You start out with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before emptying the bag of luck.
Anonymous

slartibartfast

Re: Warhammer Historicals on sale!

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Thu May 24, 2012 6:12 am

And now...

http://www.warhammer-historical.com/

Just another nail in the coffin for my support of GW.
SG

Spectrar Ghost

Postby slartibartfast » Thu May 24, 2012 6:37 am

Well that sucks. Not completely unexpected i guess. Good thing I have gotten everything I wanted.

What really sucks is that while they shut down WHH they are preventing anyone else from doing anything with the games. Example: Kampgruppe Normandy had the British Para list published in Wargames Illustrated a couple of months ago. Last month they got a letter from GW lawyers saying dont ever do that again or you will be in trouble. Now they shiut it down so nobody new can get their games. Typical.

Now they are raising prices on their main games and products. They must be insane. not many can afford the games and models. Shutting down fringes of the company. Can not fathom what they are thinking.
Anonymous

slartibartfast

Postby Lordgoober » Thu May 24, 2012 9:10 am

Makes me even more glad I just impulse ninja bought that Warmaster Medieval Armies for Nat while I was in Peoria. I'm also pretty much hitting the breaking point myself in a lot of ways. I won't be starting any brand new armies anymore and just updating the ones I have. I'm going to be putting my new stuff into things like HC and FoW.
Lordgoober

Postby slartibartfast » Thu May 24, 2012 6:25 pm

Rob your starting Flames of War? If your interested in WW2 let me know, I have several sets already that are better historical choices other than that. FoW is fine if you are looking for a "game" that uses WW2 as a model base. Otherwise I have some that are better choices. Unfortunatly one is Kampfgruppe Normanday by WHH, so that is a non starter. But there are others and more coming soon.
Anonymous

slartibartfast

Postby Lordgoober » Thu May 24, 2012 8:55 pm

I know there are better systems out there but I picked up the starter box this last weekend when at Midwest Rampage and a lot of people in the wfb group I'm with do play the game.
Lordgoober

Postby slartibartfast » Fri May 25, 2012 6:41 am

Okay then. It is a fun game, at times, depending on the group you are playing with. I just grew tired of it and started searching. Let me know if you want to try something different. Im actually waiting for Bolt Action to release their stuff later this year. Im now working on Warwick Kincade's 54mm skirmish game right now.
Anonymous

slartibartfast

Return to Other Classic GW Games