New to Adepticon

AdeptiCon 2012 will be held April 19th - 22nd, 2012 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL. Visit the AdeptiCon website (http://www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

New to Adepticon

Postby Dark Strategies » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:53 am

Hey there AWC,

I'm new to Adepticon, but not new to 40K. I'm not entered into any tournament or events this year, but was thinking of attending to check it out. I looked at the website, but I have a few questions I was hoping you all could help me out with.

Do I need a ticket to get in to check it out or are the tickets just for the tournaments and events?

When there without tournaments to play in, is there anything to do...?

If I bring my army on Saturday what are my chances of getting some games in?

Are there booths set up to buy stuff from or is it just a room full of tables and such?

Unsure if this is a con to go to if I'm not signed up for anything... Would I be better off going to the Bunker on Saturday?

Hey thanks... Bit clueless on Adepticon as you can see.

Happy Gaming.
Dark Strategies

Re: New to Adepticon

Postby rosco » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:36 pm

to go in and check things out, shop a bit and in general hang out you will not need a ticket.

i'm not sure bout open gaming, it's been afew years since i went to one with the intention of playing games.

to take part in anything you need to pay for a badge/pass and what ever the price i for the event is.

i know saturday i'm hitting up the shops that are there and saying hi to some old friends, then going to the bunker for a few pick up games after finding food.
good bad i'm the guy with the gun
rosco

Postby RichN » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:38 pm

If you are in the area, you should certainly stop by. The badge and tickets are for people playing in events. Come in, look around. Just being in the middle of 1500 gamers is worth checking out.

There is a vendor hall: http://www.adepticon.org/?p=3341

Getting in a game might happen but Saturday is the busiest day and to may hard to find an open table.
Terrain, Modeling and More... Chicago Terrain Factory
RichN

Postby Dark Strategies » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:00 pm

Thanks guys, I think I'll probably stop by in the morning then, shop around and go the Bunker afterwards. Rosco, you want to set up a game at the Bunker for Saturday?
Dark Strategies

Postby rosco » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:55 pm

sounds good to me. i just don't know what time i'll get to the bunker. working till 1 kinda screws up things once in a while.
rosco

Postby kwilliamsFLA » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:47 pm

If I can get into tourney I'd be up for game at bunker too.
kwilliamsFLA

Postby rosco » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:40 pm

I'll be at the bunker about 1:30ish Saturday for any of you guys looking for a game or 2.
rosco

Postby Dark Strategies » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:47 am

Sounds good, my Orks will be ready.
Dark Strategies

Return to AdeptiCon 2012