Bring out your dead

In the grim darkness of the past?

Bring out your dead

Postby RichN » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:31 am

Any interest in an Ancients bits swap at Adepticon? We would meet Saturday after the WAB Singles tournament (during the Hail Caesar demos).

I'm looking for Ancients covering Etruscans, Republican Romans, Successors, Punic wars & various Greek mercenary types. Might also pick up Normans, Crusaders, Saracens, Moors, El Cid, and Berbers. Frankly, I'm looking for good deals on old lead from projects past.

Post here what you're looking for and/or what you're bringing.
Terrain, Modeling and More... Chicago Terrain Factory
RichN

Re: Bring out your dead

Postby Matt-J2 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:35 pm

I'll def participate in this. Not set yet on what to bring, but likely the Viking army I used at last years A-Con(Artizan, painted/dipped for those who haven't seen), a box of 28mm Falschirmjaeger(sp?) from Warlord...and some other stuff I haven't decided yet plus assorted things I have tucked away. I imagine I'll update this as we go!
Matt-J2

Postby Lordgoober » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:44 pm

If I get the job I'm having a 2nd Interview for on Tuesday, I'm probably going to have to have Matthias cancel my Friday events and change that ticket to the WAB Singles. If I do then I'll be playing AoA EIR with a small contingent of Maccabeans (my skirmishers) With the questions looming about whether you need to fulfill the required percentages in the allied contingents, I switched my allies from one of the EIR allies to the other so I could get my skirmishers. now the question is whether I want to use 4 units of legionaries and 1 unit of foot auxiliaries or whether to swap out one of the legionaires for another unit of auxiliaries and split up my aux cav.
Lordgoober

Postby Matt-J2 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:38 am

Add to my earlier post some Flames of War Finns(still unglued/unpainted/in blisters), the Blitzkrieg book for FoW, two Essex 15mm DBA armies still in bags( Thessalians 668-450BC DBA V2-I/52c and Norse Irish 846-1300AD DBA V2-III/46), a DBA V2 Rulebook, and if the price is right, some Gorgon Etruscans(nib) and Foundry Greek Hoplites(painted/stripped).

For trades, I'd love some Foundry or Crusader Ancient Germans, Foundry or Crusader Thracians, Gripping Beast Celts or Ligurians, Gorgon Spartans, or Foundry Assyrians. Cash also works, and since most of this stuff has been gathering dust, it could go cheap! If anyone wants more details, let me know. I might find more later!
Matt-J2

Postby socalwarhammer » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:44 am

If the Crusader Thracians are still unpainted and/or in the package, I would be willing to throw some cash towards them. :D
Only the dead have seen the end of war....Plato

Check out my blogs at http://nwhistoricalwargames.wordpress.com/ & http://gigharbor40k.wordpress.com/
socalwarhammer

Postby Lordgoober » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:03 am

That being said, I have some Black Tree Designs Romans picked up that I ended up not needing since they were much larger than my Warlord Romans were.

It's a bunch of artillery stuff. 1 pack of small ballistae (2 ballistas), 1 medium ballista, 1 onager (needs pinning repair), 1 legionary command, and 1 character pack.
Lordgoober

Postby prion2001 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:22 am

PM sent. :)

Matt-J2 wrote:Add to my earlier post some Flames of War Finns(still unglued/unpainted/in blisters), the Blitzkrieg book for FoW, two Essex 15mm DBA armies still in bags( Thessalians 668-450BC DBA V2-I/52c and Norse Irish 846-1300AD DBA V2-III/46), a DBA V2 Rulebook, and if the price is right, some Gorgon Etruscans(nib) and Foundry Greek Hoplites(painted/stripped).

For trades, I'd love some Foundry or Crusader Ancient Germans, Foundry or Crusader Thracians, Gripping Beast Celts or Ligurians, Gorgon Spartans, or Foundry Assyrians. Cash also works, and since most of this stuff has been gathering dust, it could go cheap! If anyone wants more details, let me know. I might find more later!
"It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing." Boromir
Check out my painting blog at http://www.fivearmies.blogspot.com
Shop Gorgon Studios. http://www.gorgon-studios.com
prion2001

Postby Matt-J2 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:43 am

socalwarhammer wrote:If the Crusader Thracians are still unpainted and/or in the package, I would be willing to throw some cash towards them. :D

Sorry, I don't have any of those, they're on the list of things I want! :P
Matt-J2

Postby Thogrid » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:59 am

I plan on bringing some Foundry Ancient Germans (scraped and primed black) and some Old Glory Teutonic Knights et al...scraped, primed white and some figs started (got this in a trade). Plus I'll have a painted Teutonic Knights force that I will use part of for the Prince's Crusade game...that I will let go for the right price. It is a mix of various manufacturers and is something else I picked up in a trade. I might also bring along a ton of FoW Soviets...mainly foot and some Cossacks.
Merle
KC Area
"A wise man learns form his own mistakes, but a genius learns from others!"
Thogrid

Postby Matt-J2 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:16 pm

Thogrid wrote:I plan on bringing some Foundry Ancient Germans (scraped and primed black) .

I'm definitely interested in those!
Matt-J2

Postby Lordgoober » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:23 pm

I'll have some black tree design roman war machines and command that I will bring along on Saturday if anyone's interested in them.
Lordgoober

Postby Seanwolf1990 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:45 am

Hey really interested in historical gaming were do you guys meet up and any advice for a noob?
Seanwolf1990

Postby RichN » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:35 am

Seanwolf1990 wrote:Hey really interested in historical gaming were do you guys meet up and any advice for a noob?

The Ancients games will be in Lilac - which is back by the Jr. Ballroom. There are games through out the weekend, although Saturday night might be the best time to catch people hanging out. We will be running Hail Caesar demo games & hopefully most of the Warhammer Ancient players will still be hanging out after the singles tournament.

Warlord Games will be in the vendor hall - I expect that they will have copies of Hail Caesar + their plastic & metal Romans/Celts/Greeks. Forgeworld will also be in the vendor hall, but I don't expect that they will have anything for WAB.
Terrain, Modeling and More... Chicago Terrain Factory
RichN

Postby Nostromo » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:17 pm

I don't know...
My Forgeworld Chaos Dwarves look an awful lot like Old Glory Teutonic Knights....
Nostromo

Postby mikebutcher » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:11 am

Sadly I have a ton of stuff to sell/swap. Including 24 of the new Claymore Castings figures. They are sweet but a little on the small size [insert joke here] for my liking.
mikebutcher

Next

Return to Warhammer Ancients Battles