A little help with Erestor?

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby under the gaze of the Lidless Eye...

A little help with Erestor?

Postby Siegrend » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:42 pm

I'm assuming this was covered in FAQs from the old sourcebooks but GW took them off the website. Do Erestor's two throwing daggers actually allow him to throw twice while charging? My apologies if these are simple questions but my group has suddenly started playing a lot of LoTR SBG and some of these characters just simply haven't seen a tabletop for us yet.
Even the very wise cannot see all ends...
Siegrend

Re: A little help with Erestor?

Postby Smeagol » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:03 am

Unless he has a special rule that allows him to throw a weapon twice in a turn, the answer is no.
Smeagol

Postby JLeong » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:20 am

I believe the rules for throwing weapons talk about the fact that warriors aree presumed to carry enough weapons to last an entire battle. Erestor wielding multiple throwing knives would seem to me to reflect that same idea. He should only throw once per turn as normal.
Like smeagol said, if he were supposed to throw twice, the profile would say so (probably haha).
Hopefully this is helpful!
JLeong

Postby Siegrend » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:37 pm

Yes, this all helps, and thank you. The profile just read a little strange stating that he wields a "pair" of noldorin throwing daggers, which reminded me of Elladan/Elrohir who wield two swords and thus get an extra attack if they so choose, etc. I thought perhaps they were giving Erestor a second throwing attack for wielding the "pair". Though it seemed that was a little broken if he also gets to re-roll failed to wounds with those things. That would be wicked! Anyway, thanks once again for the replies and clarifications. You guys have played so many tournaments and games that this has become my resource for rules clarification. Surely you've seen and heard about all there is...save for some questions about the new sourcebooks.
Even the very wise cannot see all ends...
Siegrend

Return to Rules Discussions (LotR)