A little help with Grima?

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby under the gaze of the Lidless Eye...

A little help with Grima?

Postby Siegrend » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:31 pm

I was hoping for a little help with rules regarding Grima Wormtongue's movement. I understand how he is deployed and that he is moved during the evil player's movement phase. However, he is placed within the enemy's warband as though he was a friendly model. So that being said, does he ignore the control zones of good models when he moves? If so, does he also ignore the control zones of evil models as well?

Also, It seems like Grima could be worth the cost in higher point games (considering you have to take Saruman just to field him), particularly now with more heroes roaming the tabletops. What has your experience been either playing with or playing against Grima?
Even the very wise cannot see all ends...
Siegrend

Re: A little help with Grima?

Postby Smeagol » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:40 pm

Control Zones and Grima.

Grima Wormtongue is a model under your control and therefore follows all the normal rules for control zones.

I've never fielded Grima myself. He has his uses of course, but since I rarely use Saruman (evil) I don't field Grima.
Last edited by Smeagol on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smeagol

Re: A little help with Grima?

Postby Siegrend » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:44 am

I thought that might be the case. That makes maneuvering Grima a little more difficult behind enemy lines, but that's probably the point. I've never fielded Saruman either, but I'm going to give it a go with he and Grima in a friendly game and see what happens. Not sure if the points are worth it at tournament level though...

Thanks for the reply and the clarification Smeagol.
Even the very wise cannot see all ends...
Siegrend

Return to Rules Discussions (LotR)