New Sourcebook FAQ requests

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby under the gaze of the Lidless Eye...

New Sourcebook FAQ requests

Postby ChrisLS » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:53 pm

I figure I'll kick this off - what are some of the questions you'd like to see answered in the FAQ?

Here is what I'm wondering already:

- Was Gandalf the White supposed to lose Sorcerous Blast?

- Can you clarify the Grey Company rules? Could I take one warband led by a Captain of Arnor, 6 Warriors of Arnor, and 4 Rangers of Arnor, plus another warband led by Halbarad with 12 Rangers of Arnor, plus three independent Rangers of the North? Or would you need 4 Rangers of the North to keep a 4:1 ratio of Warriors to Heroes in the Grey Company?

- Gildor Inglorion can allow Wood Elf Warriors to be upgraded to 8" movement, but there are no Wood Elf Warriors in the Eregion/Rivendell list. Would you have to ally in Wood Elves from Mirkwood/Lothlorian with their own Hero?

Anyone else have something weird they've seen?
In my fantasy world, we have pie.

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself. - Mark Twain
ChrisLS

Postby BrentS » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:30 am

Ghan buri Ghan has a movement rate of 6" but woses warriors move at 5". Are both of threse values correct?

Ghan Buri Ghan and Woses warriors rules state that blowpipes cannot be shot when the models have moved. The blowpipes for Mahud state they can be shot with a 1/2 movement penalty. Are these two rules meant to contradict each other?

The Betrayer casts compel and transfix on the same score. No other spell user can cast these st the same score. Is this correct?

Eorl the Young is listed as having heavy armor and a shield. Shouldn't he be defense 7 (similar to other Rohan heroes with the same wargear combination.
BrentS

Postby prion2001 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:07 pm

I moved this to sticky so we could save it. Thanks for starting this. Both of you bring up items I noticed as well. I'm sure we'll have to address these as I would guess it will take GW a bit to get to them. :wink:

Jamie
"It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing." Boromir
Check out my painting blog at http://www.fivearmies.blogspot.com
Shop Gorgon Studios. http://www.gorgon-studios.com
prion2001

Postby CaWizkid » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Hello everyone, Here is a few of the questions I have.

I have a few questions that could use an answer Model questions

1 My first question is actually a 2 parted, as no model has a hand weapon of any sort listed in their war gear, are we to assume that all models still come with a hand weapon of some sore. If this is the case then does a model that lists a two-handed weapon or bow in its war gear replace the hand weapon.

2 Is there a Model limit for points match games?

3 Riders of the dead are spirt and Cavalry, but their movement is listed as 6” As cavalry should they not move 10”?

4. The King’s Huntsman Special rule Master Archer states “Models with this rule….” Yet only the only model with the rule is the King’s Huntsman, where other models supposed to get this rule? (I am guessing this is for new models that will be coming out later.)

Scenario Question.
Are the fighting a points match Battle Scenarios meant to be fought on a 6x4 table as opposed to the traditional 4x4 table?

Condition one for most of the scenarios reads, you score 3 victory points if the enemy force is broken at the end of the game, if the enemy force is broken and your force is not broken you instead score 5 victory points. As you are playing until one force is at 25% or less, buy default isn’t your enemies force broken? Should this not read something like, once the above condition is reached, if the winning force is broken you get 3 points, if the winning force is not broken you gain 5 victory points, how can you gain victory points if you lost the game?

The To the Death Scenario,

You gain 1 Victory point for having one banner remaining, and two if opponent does not have any remaining, What if you do not start with any banners, and your opponent has one or more remaining, do you automatically give up 2 victory points for not having a banner? As some armies such as Moria, The Shire, The Wonders in the wild as examples do not have the option to take a banner.

Domination

Special Rules,
Contest of Champions, Each time your force kills an enemy Hero in a fight, one of your Heroes in the same fight (your choice) regains a single Might point lost earlier in the battle. Does this mean that the hero you give might to has to be in base contact with the slain hero? Can a supporting hero gain the point of might? Can another Hero in the War band be given the point of might if not actually in the fight?

The High Ground,

Special rules
Gusting winds, Each turn roll of for priority is drawn…. Shooting attacks cannot be made. Does this include tossing a throwing weapon as you charge into battle?

Richard
CaWizkid

Postby jlong05 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:23 pm

I can answer the dead cav. Note that all cavalry units are listed with a 6" move. The addition of the horse as wargear grants additional movement. Since the riders of the dead also have a horse listed as wargear they gain a 10" move. One thing to note is that riders can now be DISMOUNTED!
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05

Postby jlong05 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:27 pm

Add on for the banner question.

For armies that do or do not have traditional banners, but have banner effect models, do the banner effect models count for the banner VP rules? Examples are Gundabad drummers, Imrahil, etc...
jlong05

Postby VeteranNoob » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:33 pm

As to the question about Contest of Champions, I read it to mean that you have to have a hero in the fight that kills another hero to get the benefit. This is described by saying "in the same fight".
VeteranNoob

Postby Smeagol » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:03 am

All models are armed with a hand weapon this is in the Rulebook. The model must be stated as being unarmed to be armed otherwise.
Last edited by Smeagol on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smeagol

Re: New Sourcebook FAQ requests

Postby Derg » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:26 am

Since all models have a hand weapon (unless noted), then I assume a model like Khazad Guard can choose not to use it's two handed axe and not suffer the -1 to win the fight?
Derg

Postby BrentS » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:34 am

Derg wrote:Since all models have a hand weapon (unless noted), then I assume a model like Khazad Guard can choose not to use it's two handed axe and not suffer the -1 to win the fight?

Yes.
BrentS

Postby Lordgoober » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:38 am

Khazad Guard always could. Only very few models had double handed weapons and were considered unarmed otherwise. The main ones that i know of were the Clansmen of Lamedon and Angbor.
Lordgoober

Postby ChrisLS » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:15 pm

The only person I saw explicitly unarmed was Cirdan. Did anyone else see someone unarmed? I know hobbit archers are now armed.
In my fantasy world, we have pie.

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself. - Mark Twain
ChrisLS

Postby Smeagol » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:27 pm

Cirdan, necromancer, hobbits and clansmen were the ones considered unarmed.
Smeagol

Postby jlong05 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:48 pm

Smeagol wrote:Cirdan, necromancer, hobbits and clansmen were the ones considered unarmed.

Not sure on Hobbits, but looks like Clansmen now are no longer unarmed without their 2-hander. At least there is no additional note indicating that in the rulebook now for them.
jlong05

Postby Lordgoober » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:00 pm

I believe Eregion Galadriel is considered Unarmed now.
Lordgoober

Next

Return to Rules Discussions (LotR)