First Time - What to expect?

AdeptiCon 2012 will be held April 19th - 22nd, 2012 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL. Visit the AdeptiCon website (http://www.adepticon.org) and start planning today!

First Time - What to expect?

Postby MarcJWaters » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:24 pm

Hey there Ho there! I have just completed my registration for my first trip up to Adepticon!

I am wondering what to expect. I have been going to Gen Con for the past 5 years but found myself always enjoying the minis part the most. A quick search revealed that Adepticon was right in my back yard, so I decided to give it a go. It seems that most of the good events were sold out, but hopefully, I got some good ones.

I guess my questions are as follows: 1. Is there an exhibitor hall? 2. How robust is the community for pick up games? I mean, I am always down to throw some dice, but I imagine that table space is an issue even in the 24/7 space? 3. What else do I need to know?

Thanks for your help, and I look forward to seeing you there.
MarcJWaters

Postby Lordgoober » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:53 am

There is a vendor hall area. The open gaming area is decent and you should be able to get some games in. Are you doing 40k or fantasy or another system?
Lordgoober

Postby MarcJWaters » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:44 am

The only two games that I am going to be playing the entire weekend are Malifaux and Warmachine. Id imagine that the community at the con for these games is pretty good?
MarcJWaters

Postby RichN » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:37 am

The community surrounding Malifaux and Warmachine is both enthusiastic and growing. Both event teams have a large staff and are running events around the clock. You might be able to find time for open gaming, but most folks will be signed up for one of the many tournaments.

The vendor hall, while much smaller than GenCon, is very focused on miniatures & accessories for gaming.

Try not to book yourself solid over the convention - leave some time to pick up a seminar or play in some of the free demo games.
Terrain, Modeling and More... Chicago Terrain Factory
RichN

Postby MarcJWaters » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:41 am

Yeah - I picked an event in the AM and an event in the PM for every day except Sunday which I will use to sort of go through the hall and get demos.
MarcJWaters

Postby nilus » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:52 pm

Well the Malifaux side of the con is hoping to increase our showing over last year. I expect a lot of open gaming to be going on.

Adepticon is a much different con then Gencon. The dealer room is a lot smaller as is the over all con but its 100% dedicated to miniature games so there are a lot of gaming going on.
Dan
Malifaux Henchman
nilus

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:09 pm

I have to agree with what everyone has shared thus far. Adepticon is definately geared more for miniatures gaming and I'm pretty sure you will find someone to throw down some dice with. Just ask around the areas that are set up for the games you play. Above all, enjoy the con! There is a lot to take part in other than the gaming itself. Rich is correct.
"Why can't you dig how beautiful and righteous it is", Oddball
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Postby shadowopal » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:26 pm

Expect Awesome! that's all I can say. Well, not really. It is a ton of fun. there is lots to do. The seminars are great and all have to do with some aspect of miniatures. The vendor hall is very good. A number of local game stores, a couple of miniature painting companies, some terrain and tokens, cool mini or not, Battle foam, good stuff.

As for Warmachine and Malifaux, good growing communities. My suggestion would be to talk to people in the halls during breaks in the events and let them know you're looking for games. A lot of people hang out after the tourneys to get pick up games on. Don't be shy.
shadowopal

Return to AdeptiCon 2012