archery and monstrous mounts

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby under the gaze of the Lidless Eye...

archery and monstrous mounts

Postby BrentS » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:35 pm

Just chalk this up to learning something new every day... I was looking into a rules query regarding mounstrous mounts so I was reading the rules section again. I learned that if you are shooting at a model with a monstrous mount that when you randomize the hit that mount is hit on 1-4 and the rider 5-6 (versus 1-3 and 4-6). I don't think I've ever realized this? I've only faced off against mounstrous mounts a few times (typically Fell Beasts) but I'm quite sure I've never randomized that way.

Am I the only one that was surprised by this?
BrentS

Postby Yakthor » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:21 pm

As it was my rules query, I have been reading those parts of the rules, so I did find that earlier. Hadn't realized it before this research, but I've never faced an actual monstrous mount before.
Yakthor

Postby Smeagol » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:48 pm

It's a rule I've used a lot in the past when I still used Khandish charioteers or my flying wraiths. So no surprise for me. It's the seige section of the rules where I get caught out. Chris LS taught me the rules in that section the hard way. Can't say I enjoyed the lesson given the beating I took because of it.
Smeagol

Return to Rules Discussions (LotR)