Help making orks list to kill marines

Post and review Warhammer 40K army lists.

Help making orks list to kill marines

Postby ADLP1917 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:54 pm

So I'm thinking of getting into the game and i have played a couple of games but not enough to make lists most of the people that taught me the game made them for me. So im entirely making an army out of scratch. But i want orks more importantly an ork army to kill solely space marines or any chapter which is a very board and bold statement. I know each chapter has their own unique fighting style but i want a general ork army that will not have too much trouble in defeating a space wolfs army and a blood angels army without totally changing my list. I hope thats some what clear any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Warhammer!!!!! Fantasy...........its fun to play.
ADLP1917

Postby Skrivus » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:46 pm

I believe some more of the regular Ork players would be better to answer this fully, but most of what makes Ork works is the weight of numbers.

You have to be able to deliver and sustain a good amount of boyz so you can deliver enough attacks (especially Power Klaws) to defeat an enemy. Orks in general match up favorably against Space Marines. Against Wolves and Blood Angels, it really depends what the opponent brings. Some lists they bring you'll match well against, some they'll have an advantage over you.

The most important thing isn't just the list you bring, but you need to get practice and experience to be able to use it effectively.

What models do you have?
Skrivus

Postby Lord Krungharr » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:21 pm

While I have yet to make a Chaos Daemons or Chaos Marine list that can deal wtih Blood Angels, I have found that Nob Bikers are a must in a competitive Orks list. I've played against them many times and they are a super nasty versatile unit that you can customize to extremes for extra fun.

I second the motion to include some Nobs with PowerKlaws in your Boyz squads.

For HQ the Warboss on bike with PowerKlaw is probably the best, but do try to take a Mech with Custom Forcefield, as then the Space Marine heavy weapons will have a hard time killing your vehicles and Boyz near it. And a Battle Wagon with BurnaBoyz can torch everything if they're close enough.

Have fun!
Lord Krungharr

Postby Brian » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:06 pm

The Orks are a good codex for designing lists to face a wide range of opponents but if you sit down and try to tailor a list to face marines you will end up with something that's only marginally more effective than a balanced Ork list. For example, in the list below you could maximize your effectiveness against *some* Marine lists by running 3x10 Lootas but a Marine list designed to drop into your backfield will absolutely ruin you. (Mephiston jumping out of a Stormraven.) Likewise you would have a hard time in Dawn of War with your marine-killing Lootas not necessarily getting into optimal firing position.

Here's what I often run:

Warboss with Bike, Klaw, Attack Squig
Big Mek with Kustom Force Field

30 Boyz with shootas, 3 Big shootas, Nob with PK
30 Boyz with Sluggas, 3 rokkits, Nob with PK
19 Boyz with Sluggas, Nob with PK
20 Boyz with Sluggas, Nob with PK

Battlewagon with armor plates
Battlewagon with armor plates

7 Lootas
7 Lootas

5 Nob Bikers with painboy and at least 2 PK

DeffKopta with buzz saw
WarTrakk with TL rokkit

There are a couple other variations on this list. You could go without the Bikers and run Deff Rollas on the battlewagons (and an extra Battlewagon with some guns on it. You might have points for some Burnas too) You could go without the Battlewagons and run 4 x 30 Boyz with another Biker boss instead of the KFF.

The "optimal" list in my opinion is boring to play.

2 Biker Bosses
6 x 25 Boyz with PK Nobs in all

7xLoota
7xLoota

Deffkopta with buzzsaw
Wartrakk with TL rokkit

You're shoving 150 boyz down the field with Lootas hopefully killing 2 Rhinos per turn. That's a tough opponent for just about anyone except Grey Knight Purifiers.
Brian

Postby ADLP1917 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:11 am

Thanks a bunch you guys I'm definitely finding this helpful and btw im starting an ork army from starch actuarially looking 4some
Warhammer!!!!! Fantasy...........its fun to play.
ADLP1917

Return to Army Lists (40K)