Blood Slaughterer

Do you know the best way to beat that unbeatable 40k army? Well post it here and share the knowledge.

Best Daemonic Walker

Blood Slaughterer
20%
Defiler
20%
Plaguehulk
20%
Soul Grinder
40%

Total votes : 5

Blood Slaughterer

Postby Lord Krungharr » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:46 pm

Can anyone conceive of a good reason to use the Impaler for a Blood Slaughterer? I can't but thought I would check others' opinions.
Lord Krungharr

Postby Depayen » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:59 pm

To me comes down to Soulgrinder and Plague Hulk. I want to say Plague Hulk but when you compare costs you have to go with Soulgrinder better bang for the points. This is just the opinion of one man.

To your other question, NO.
Death comes at high Speed!
Here cometh the orangemen!

O'where O'where will I pop in. Go first I will let you shoot at nothing.
Depayen

Postby Redbeard » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:51 am

Unless you're running an Epidemius list, in which cast the Plaguehulk's Nurgle status puts it ahead.
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby Depayen » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:23 am

How so? I think I may know where you are going but not sure.

Depayen

Postby Redbeard » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:22 pm

Well, an Epidemius list counts the casualties caused by nurgle models. A soul grinder is not a nurgle unit, but a plague hulk is, so any kills the plague hulk scores add to the tally, and buff the rest of your army.

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby Lord Krungharr » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:34 pm

So with the Plaguehulk even my puny Nurglings could stand a much better chance of getting power weapon attacks that wound on a 2+ with Noxious Touch....AW YEEEEAH!!!

That makes a good case for Blight Drones too, which means I will have to make some.
Lord Krungharr

Postby Depayen » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:27 pm

Sorry, it took me a while to get back been busy with Family and work.

Ok Redbeard this is where I thought you were going with this. Here is my dilemma with what your saying or the reason for the confusion in my own interpretation of this. In the Tally of Pestilence it starts by saying follower of Nurgle then goes on in parentheses any Daemon of Nurgle or model with the Mark of Nurgle. The blight drone says it has Daemonic special rule and states a daemon engine but does not say anywhere it has the mark of Nurgle and is Classified as a vehicle (Fast Skimmer) not a daemon. Now for the Plague hulk it has Daemonic special rule but a different description then the Blight Drone and no where says its a daemon engine and is classified as a walker. Plus no where mentions it has the mark of Nurgle. So again nothing saying its a daemon. that is what lead me to believe there kills could not go toward the Tally. Believe me I want holes to get shoot in this theory. In discussions I have had with a few people I have not heard one that if took to tournment judge that he would go with it 100% of the time. As said before one mans opinion on his own dilemma of an interpretation.

Help a guy out.

Depayen

Postby Redbeard » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:11 am

Well, it's an apocalypse unit. It's FW rules only, so really, it's not going to be allowed at most tournaments anyway.

Common sense tells me that the Daemonic rule, plus being called "Plaguehulk of Nurgle" means that it's a nurgle daemon and counts for Epidemius.

If someone wants to play rules lawyer over this, and nitpick at minor wording variations (because we all know how good forgeworld is at getting things 100% right...), they're welcome to - I simply won't waste my time gaming with them. It's not worth the effort.

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby Depayen » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:16 pm

I understand what your saying the only time I see it coming into play would be the Gladiator at Adepticon.

Depayen

Postby Lord Krungharr » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:33 am

Tournaments are about the only reason I would be really really wondering about it.

Maybe we can get the AWC ppl to rule on that before next April. I wouldn't mind using my Scabiethrax again, in a more shooty Nurgle Daemon Gladiator army.

But most other players I have enjoyed playing against would agree that the Drone and Hulk are Nurgle models to count towards the the Tally of Pestilence.
Lord Krungharr

Return to Tactics (40K)